Anyone else have a dedicated theater room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well to throw gas on the fire I just got a nice email from newegg about the Samsung QLED tv's An 82 inch system is going for 3800 so says 700 off. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...55190&et_p1=&email64=am9obkB2ZW50c2hvcC5uZXQ=

Their fancier 75 inch is going for 4000 and says 800 off https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...55190&et_p1=&email64=am9obkB2ZW50c2hvcC5uZXQ=

They are also adding on their "Points" which end up getting about 190 bucks to spend on other stuff. And looks like Amazon and BestBuy are running about the same amount but for now Newegg is tax free and the bonus points is a sweet deal on top of it.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AF320317-F308-49AE-8CCF-BCFA7585849E.jpeg
Room no but this is my theater place

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah my living room. I ain’t rich so I don’t have the funds to dedicate one room to be a theatre. I wouldn’t do it even if I were rich though. I like to watch tv in the living room. Especially when it gets colder and I can build a fire!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah my living room. I ain’t rich so I don’t have the funds to dedicate one room to be a theatre. I wouldn’t do it even if I were rich though. I like to watch tv in the living room. Especially when it gets colder and I can build a fire!

That's why I'm just looking to upgrade my setup. Not a dedicated room, but my primary TV room.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just got my new subwoofer in today. I went with a Hsu Research VTF-15H Mk2. This thing is a beast. Weighs 110 lbs. It can shake the whole house though. True theater quality bass. It will extend down to 16 Hz which is below human hearing but you can feel it. Watching some of the typical reference scenes like Jurassic Park III or Dark Knight is breathtaking.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just got my new subwoofer in today. I went with a Hsu Research VTF-15H Mk2. This thing is a beast. Weighs 110 lbs. It can shake the whole house though. True theater quality bass. It will extend down to 16 Hz which is below human hearing but you can feel it. Watching some of the typical reference scenes like Jurassic Park III or Dark Knight is breathtaking.

That's an excellent choice! Most folks have never heard of Hsu, but they do make good stuff. I had a Hsu 12" in my 370z at one time. It was a very accurate and nice sub, but not made for super output. They made a little foray into car audio, but it wasn't really their world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom