Anyone Else Having Trouble With Checks Not Working ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with checks not working in some check readers at different stores? Our bank just switched to a new check supply company - Deluxe. We get the non-duplicate checks and Deluxe prints them on thicker and less smooth paper and, for an example, the check readers at Crest Foods will not accept the checks. The machines simply kick them out or bunch them up like an accordion and then reject them. We complained to our bank, and after a long "chat session," we were left hanging with no positive solution. It's too bad, too. We have had great relations with our bank.

Machines at other businesses have had difficulty processing our checks as well, having to make several tries before their machine would take the check.

The checks were free for the first order each year, but what good are they if we can't use them? And, no, we will not use a debit card after having had it compromised three times within a year, and we won't use a credit card either.

We will order our checks personally from now on.

Woody

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some businesses use a 3rd party check verification service, like tele check to process checks instantly at the register.

Lets just say that sometimes some of those services can be well, twitchy to say the least.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe checks have a purpose, but using them in a store is not one of them!

I come up with a slogan while waiting in line while someone fumbles with their check book or farts around with some silly card.

"Cash is Quick!"
You can imagine how many old farts in Edmond still crack out the old vinyl check folder at Crest. Ugh. I think it just gives them time to finish up their unrequited conversation with the checker

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Writing checks is not nearly as bad as it was when credit cards became in vogue. It used to aggravate me waiting on the register clerk having to fish out the machine with the roller in it, place the card in the machine, lay a multi-layered form over the card, roll the machine over the form and card, take the form and present it to the customer for a signature, and then tear off the customer's copy, and file the rest of the form in a drawer. Writing a check is easier now. I fill out the check while waiting in the checkout line except for the amount, and it doesn't take any more time than someone using a debit or credit card....Except for when the checks the bank supplies won't run through the machine to complete an EFT.

Woody

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use debit or credit cards. We write checks for lawn weed control guy and taxes. My son and family paid cash for most of their recent vacay to 7 states except motels won't take cash only CC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom