Anyone ever use Red River Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My out-of-the-box Auto Ordinance 1911A1 did not like their .45ACP - several failures to chamber properly. It will shoot everything else I feed it. I'm thinking with a polished chamber it might work.

Just my experience.

In their defense, they were responsive to my complaint.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have never shot any of it but a few weeks ago at H&H the gentleman in the lane next to me kept having misfires with his M&P 9. I asked him what was wrong and he said he was trying "new ammo" and was having more than usual misfires. He was using Red River.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are still waiting on our Red River Ammo group buy ammo to come in. We ordered about 15,000 rounds so we will definately be putting it to the test. They have recently bought some high $ automated loading machines so I expect their quality to go up and their cost to go down in the near future. We are working on another group buy right now. Let me know if you are interested in getting involved. We got ammo for less than wally world could sell it.

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I appreciate your interest. We work hard to turn out a good product. Like every ammo company, we have hiccupps occasionally. That is why we keep detailed records of every component that makes up every lot of ammunition. Just the other day a friend had to pound out a squib from a brand new box of Federal ammo. While I make no apologies for our quality, which is as good or better than anything you will pick up at walmart, if you do ever have a problem, please look at the box or tray the round came from for the stamped lot number. Shoot me an email or a pm with the issue and lot number and that will allow us to trace back to what components, machine, loader, etc produced that round.

I encourage you all to pick up a box or two and try us out. We are a local Oklahoma company and we appreciate your business.

Happy Shooting,

Trevor Tindle, President
405-513-6632

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I appreciate your interest. We work hard to turn out a good product. Like every ammo company, we have hiccupps occasionally. That is why we keep detailed records of every component that makes up every lot of ammunition. Just the other day a friend had to pound out a squib from a brand new box of Federal ammo. While I make no apologies for our quality, which is as good or better than anything you will pick up at walmart, if you do ever have a problem, please look at the box or tray the round came from for the stamped lot number. Shoot me an email or a pm with the issue and lot number and that will allow us to trace back to what components, machine, loader, etc produced that round.

I encourage you all to pick up a box or two and try us out. We are a local Oklahoma company and we appreciate your business.

Happy Shooting,

Trevor Tindle, President
405-513-6632

I would love to sponsor you guys as well (currently buying from SGAmmo) but to be honest your prices are very high. I have never seen re-manufactured .45 acp cost 23.00 per 50 rounds, .40cal for 17.50 and 9mm for 11.50. Am I missing something when I'm looking at these prices on your web site? Shipping included in these prices, maybe?

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to sponsor you guys as well (currently buying from SGAmmo) but to be honest your prices are very high. I have never seen re-manufactured .45 acp cost 23.00 per 50 rounds, .40cal for 17.50 and 9mm for 11.50. Am I missing something when I'm looking at these prices on your web site? Shipping included in these prices, maybe?

Well, there are a couple of reasons for our online pricing. First, we do the vast majority of our business through local retail shops. We value these shops greatly and our online pricing is there to support their pricing structure. It makes no sense for us to sell at wholesale to the public en masse while hurting our retailers.

Second, we are a small company. Every time someone makes an order online one of us has to stop loading and drive 30 mins to the ups hub on Portland to ship the order. So, it costs us a substantial amount of time to ship online orders. As we expand we expect to have a more national presence with a streamlined shipping process.

I hope that makes sense. If folks on here want to purchase ammo directly it's best to do that via p.m. Or phone. We will do our best to give you a fair price. Also, you will find better pricing at most of our excellent dealers.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Well, there are a couple of reasons for our online pricing. First, we do the vast majority of our business through local retail shops. We value these shops greatly and our online pricing is there to support their pricing structure. It makes no sense for us to sell at wholesale to the public en masse while hurting our retailers.

Second, we are a small company. Every time someone makes an order online one of us has to stop loading and drive 30 mins to the ups hub on Portland to ship the order. So, it costs us a substantial amount of time to ship online orders. As we expand we expect to have a more national presence with a streamlined shipping process.

I hope that makes sense. If folks on here want to purchase ammo directly it's best to do that via p.m. Or phone. We will do our best to give you a fair price. Also, you will find better pricing at most of our excellent dealers.

That makes a little more sense. Can't piss off your bread and butter just to get a scrap every now and again. I do know your Group Buy prices for Boomer were more in line with normal pricing. I hope you can grow and become competitive with SGAmmo and USAmmo on pricing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom