Anyone going to the USPSA match this Saturday (Jan. 7th) at OKC gun club?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrempe78

Marksman
Reaction score
My son and I are going for the first time. We've watched all the first timer videos and have read the rules. We've been doing some practice shooting on our own while observing all the rules so we don't stick out too much like first timers.....lol. Is anyone else on here going or have been? What should we expect?

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll go if I can get the time this weekend, so you won't be the only first-timer. I have been wanting to give carry optics a try from an appendix holster.

Do you have a list of gear you're taking?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grumpy and I have talked about starting back up. Be prepared to have a blast, no pun intended. Lol

Don't be afraid to ask questions, always keep your gun holstered unless you are shooting a stage and then keep your gun pointed downrange. Don't break the 180 and keep your finger off the trigger unless you are shooting.

Don't be intimidated by how fast everyone else seems to be. Everyone there was a newbie at one time.

If your experience was any thing like mine you will be hooked the second you hear "Shooter Ready?? **BEEP** 😁 Shadowrider covered everything else ... Lol

Jrempe78

Marksman
Reaction score
You should expect a really good time. Just be safe and you'll love it.

Take around 250 rounds of ammo and a minimum of 3-4 mags for each gun. You probably won't shoot the whole 250 but you'll shoot most of it.
I've got the ammo covered but not the mags. I only have 2 mags for my pistol. My son has 3 mags for his pistol but only 2 mag holders for his belt.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the ammo covered but not the mags. I only have 2 mags for my pistol. My son has 3 mags for his pistol but only 2 mag holders for his belt.
What guns are you going to run? If it's a 1911 I carry 6 on my belt. At least back when I was shooting it. I need to get back at it.

If you shoot limited with 17 round mags you can probably make it through all the stages but you won't be able to miss much. Max round count per stage is 32. They aren't all that high but a couple will probably be close to that.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grumpy and I have talked about starting back up. Be prepared to have a blast, no pun intended. Lol

Don't be afraid to ask questions, always keep your gun holstered unless you are shooting a stage and then keep your gun pointed downrange. Don't break the 180 and keep your finger off the trigger unless you are shooting.

Don't be intimidated by how fast everyone else seems to be. Everyone there was a newbie at one time.

If your experience was any thing like mine you will be hooked the second you hear "Shooter Ready?? **BEEP** 😁 Shadowrider covered everything else ... Lol
Let me know when you go! I miss me some range time with you guys. I’m at the gun club at least 3 days a week. I might go this weekend, I’ll have to see what I have going on.

Last edited:

Jrempe78

Marksman
Reaction score
I'll go if I can get the time this weekend, so you won't be the only first-timer. I have been wanting to give carry optics a try from an appendix holster.

Do you have a list of gear you're taking?

What guns are you going to run? If it's a 1911 I carry 6 on my belt. At least back when I was shooting it. I need to get back at it.

If you shoot limited with 17 round mags you can probably make it through all the stages but you won't be able to miss much. Max round count per stage is 32. They aren't all that high but a couple will probably be close to that.
My son is running an off the shelf Springfield XDM Precision with 19rd mags. I'm running an off the shelf Canik TP9SFX with red dot and 18rd mags. I'm not even sure what class that puts us in.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I are going for the first time. We've watched all the first timer videos and have read the rules. We've been doing some practice shooting on our own while observing all the rules so we don't stick out too much like first timers.....lol. Is anyone else on here going or have been? What should we expect?
If I end up going I’ll send you a message.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is running an off the shelf Springfield XDM Precision with 19rd mags. I'm running an off the shelf Canik TP9SFX with red dot and 18rd mags. I'm not even sure what class that puts us in.
Sounds like Limited for the XDM and Open for the Canik but maybe Carry Optics there too. I'm long out of date on the division rules and they've done some changes since I was in it. They will steer you where you need to enter though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom