Anyone gravitate back to DAO for carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Occasionally I will carry a DAO ... my Remington RM380. Excellent shooting pocket 380ACP. The trigger on this was great out of the box but was enhanced significantly when I installed the Galloway Precision kit. DA trigger pull on this lil' mouse gun is on par with my Sig Armorer tuned SIG P220 and P225A1.

Attachments

• RM380.jpg
    RM380.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 0

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out with double action semi-autos for carry because of the safer trigger similar to a revolver and less prone to accidents. However, I hate the long pull triggers and feel like it is a disadvantage for a true emergency situation having that long heavy pull. Statistics dictate that I probably won't ever be in a real self-defense situation and avoiding an accident is obviously very important because it seems like a lot of the accidental discharges are with striker fire guns. I like glocks, but I hate kydex...In my research, lotta people don't recommend striker fire guns if you use a softer CCW holder (especially if you carry appendix).

So for now, when I pocket carry, I'm still using a striker fire (in a soft pocket holster), but I've switched back to one of my older rigs that is DOA for appendix carry (and gave up some capacity). I'm sort of frustrated because I have various strikers I invested in that I can't make use of except for range queens now unless I change my mind or switch to kydex.

Anyone else have the same thing happen or have any thoughts to add?
Just get a milt sparks holster.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever you carry and it really doesn't matter to me one whit , you should carry that gun and not be constantly swapping guns into a rotation.

Having said that for a DAO gun its really hard to be a Kahr , i love the PM45

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the DA/SA with decocker. Liked the feel at first so bought one. Really started appreciating it as it replaced my 1911 for carry. I am scared of striker fires, but everyone has their own experience. I try and live within my own limitations and comfort levels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom