Anyone have a line on fleet trucks/vans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had monies set aside for 3-5 vans and trucks but costs have skyrocketed so that figure won’t go very far. Looking for a couple 1 ton ford transit van and or 1 ton trucks. Maybe a 4x4 for the truck but not a dealbreaker. So, if anyone has a contact, let me know.
Thanks

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had monies set aside for 3-5 vans and trucks but costs have skyrocketed so that figure won’t go very far. Looking for a couple 1 ton ford transit van and or 1 ton trucks. Maybe a 4x4 for the truck but not a dealbreaker. So, if anyone has a contact, let me know.
Thanks
You check by that place on the west side of broadway just south of auto zone, I think?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my brother is selling his 2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. It's only going to get worse. Chevy didn't/Isn't making fleet or service vehicles this year. One dealer we deal with received the last 2 trucks they are allotted this year, until they start receiving their 23's.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You check by that place on the west side of broadway just south of auto zone, I think?
We talked to them a couple times. They were just an up fitter. One day all those trucks were just gone, had to have been a couple hundred or so. I think he couldn’t get the pats to continue. I’ve had two snowplows sitting at perfection truck for weeks. They can’t get the wiring harnesses to mount them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real downside is I’m dealing with some government bureaucracy bs. Even though the money is earmarked, it would take a week or so for the funds to release. Doesn’t lend well to being able to jump on something if it came up. Many dealers didn’t put in for state contracts this year because of availability.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks

Do they need to be new? Any limitations on age and mileage? The company that the wife and I work for uses Transit vans, and I think a number of them are the Transit 350 ones. What I don't know is whether they have any for sale. If I knew your requirements for age and mileage, I might ask of them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they need to be new? Any limitations on age and mileage? The company that the wife and I work for uses Transit vans, and I think a number of them are the Transit 350 ones. What I don't know is whether they have any for sale. If I knew your requirements for age and mileage, I might ask of them.
Thanks Terry, I think the qualifications would be something along the lines of 2017 or newer with less than 50k on them. I know that’s a tough box to fill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom