Anyone have a Nikon p223 3-9X40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for a scope for my new 18" AR build. I've looked at red dots and want something with a little more accuracy a little farther out.

I've looked at the Nikon and it seems okay for the money. I know it's probably low end andyou get what you pay for, but I'm not ready to break the bank yet.

Anyone have one? Pros and cons. Anything else you'd recommend in the sub $250ish range.

Thanks in advance, Greg

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one on my AR. At that price point I couldn't find anything better. After using it a couple times I also bought a Nikon for my Savage Mark II BTV.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No complaints with mine. I have the 4-12 on an AR. Of course the clarity takes a hit at 12x but for the price it's been a great scope.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a scope for my new 18" AR build. I've looked at red dots and want something with a little more accuracy a little farther out.

I've looked at the Nikon and it seems okay for the money. I know it's probably low end andyou get what you pay for, but I'm not ready to break the bank yet.

Anyone have one? Pros and cons. Anything else you'd recommend in the sub $250ish range.

Thanks in advance, Greg

I prefer a 1 or 1.5 power on the low side of an AR, but it depends on what you are going to do with it. The "M" series Nikons have better features than the "P" series.

Not quite Sub-$250, but Gene Sears has been closing out their Nikon line and has had some good deals. I see they still have a M223 2-8x32 for $265. That is 60-100 off what it normally goes for. I like the BDC 600 reticle.
Most of the P223 3-9x40s have the same reticle to my knowledge, but overall the M series is nicer.

Get the Strelok Pro app and play with the reticle using your rifle, ammo, distances and intended target and see if it would work for you.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got this scope on each of my daughter's ARs. They are great scopes for the money and the only complaint I have is that when you carry it for hunting, it is easy to bump the adjustable turrets and turn them a few clicks. As long as you are attentive to that and turn them back to zero, no problem.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had one on my AR for about 6months. Sadly I haven't even had time to take it out to zero it in yet. All the reviews are good and it was in my price range as well. Caught it on sale just after Christmas at Cabela's and I had some gift cards to use also.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got this scope on each of my daughter's ARs. They are great scopes for the money and the only complaint I have is that when you carry it for hunting, it is easy to bump the adjustable turrets and turn them a few clicks. As long as you are attentive to that and turn them back to zero, no problem.

Thats the only complaint I had about mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom