Anyone have bad luck trying to register a used gun for warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called the gun makers customer service and asked if I was able to, and they said I was not if it was used but "Only way I know it's used is if you tell me"...at that point I thanked him and just hung up. Unsure if I should follow through with registering it now as I have no idea if my number will be documented or what. Also, the only "sell" date I have is the date I bought it from another user on here, who bought it off someone else. The guy I got it from says neither of them registered it, but unsure if I shot myself in the foot...figuratively speaking. Anyone else able to offer up some experiences that might be similar to my own?

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the advice he gave, I'm guessing he was trying to throw you a bone.
I told him I wasn't sure of the original sale date cause I got it off someone else. That's when he made the comment I mentioned. Guess I COULD use a different phone number if I'm really worried... Suppose the worst case scenario is if I had to call in for a warranty issue they could simply deny taking/fixing it.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Technically all firearms are used. Even NIB firearms. Years ago I would find a small sealed envelope with a bullet that had been shot by my new firearm. Supposedly it was to be given to the government entity that needed the bullet to register the firearm. Since I don't live in a gun-hating state, I tossed the envelope.

Let your conscious be your guide.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to dupe the gun manufacturer or anyone will result in bad carma and bad juju.

Mossberg warranty on rifles does not look promising and stated original purchaser and
THE USE OF DEFECTIVE, NON-SAAMI STANDARD, REMANUFACTURED, HAND-
LOADED, AND/OR RELOADED AMMUNITION
makes warranty void.

Well I e mailed them and told them I have a 30-06 that I got used and broke the extractor
while removing a stuck case that was my fault as I was stepping up the load and 100+ temps and stuck one.
Asked them for the part numbers of the extractor and check ball and spring and I would order the parts.
He wanted the serial number and my name and address and I gave those to him and next day I got mail and in the box was 2 extractors 2 balls and 2 springs.

FREE.
He got an Adda boy e mail back.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to dupe the gun manufacturer or anyone will result in bad carma and bad juju.

Mossberg warranty on rifles does not look promising and stated original purchaser and
THE USE OF DEFECTIVE, NON-SAAMI STANDARD, REMANUFACTURED, HAND-
LOADED, AND/OR RELOADED AMMUNITION
makes warranty void.

Well I e mailed them and told them I have a 30-06 that I got used and broke the extractor
while removing a stuck case that was my fault as I was stepping up the load and 100+ temps and stuck one.
Asked them for the part numbers of the extractor and check ball and spring and I would order the parts.
He wanted the serial number and my name and address and I gave those to him and next day I got mail and in the box was 2 extractors 2 balls and 2 springs.

FREE.
He got an Adda boy e mail back.
Clearly you must be traveling through the multiverse. This kind of CS does not exist in the universe I currently inhabit.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clearly you must be traveling through the multiverse. This kind of CS does not exist in the universe I currently inhabit.
Man that sucks.

I did tell the guy it was totally my fault.

I could be in a different universe.
Hauling arse down sw29th in my old nova tuning it for the wife to race on Friday night.
First gear then second gear and see how shift recovery was .
Pull over pull hood and adjust the distributor and do it again and again.

It was just after midnight and I had just moved to Yukon.
Just got off work and seen a car behind me after the 3rd run.
I thought this old boy is closing fast maybe he wants to race I should floor it.

Nope I said he he wants to race he will pull beside me and about that time
a bubble gum machine lit up my back window.

YEOW!
I pulled off in the grass and police man comes to my window door and flashlights the interior.
Mostly aluminum and aluminum dash.
Racing seats.
He said you building yourself a race car boy?
No sir this is my wife's car mine is much faster than this one.

Officer: What were you doing?
I was tuning the distributor and get in on in first gear then second and check shift recovery and see how hard it pulls.

Officer: Yep I clocked you at 74 MPH and you got out of radar range really quick.

Yes I was getting it on pretty good back there.
Looked like a good place to tune this nothing out here but me and the cattle.
I just moved here and drove this to work today.
Good place to get it on.

Officer : License and insurance please.

My 20 minutes of wait time and I thought man I am getting a lot of trophies today.

Officer: I clocked you at 56 mph when I was pacing you and speed limit is 45
Slow it down a little and welcome to Yukon have a nice day.

That was it all verbal. Gave my papers back.

So yea different universe for sure.
I found lying just does not pan out well for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom