Anyone have bad luck trying to register a used gun for warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to dupe the gun manufacturer or anyone will result in bad carma and bad juju.

Mossberg warranty on rifles does not look promising and stated original purchaser and
THE USE OF DEFECTIVE, NON-SAAMI STANDARD, REMANUFACTURED, HAND-
LOADED, AND/OR RELOADED AMMUNITION
makes warranty void.

Well I e mailed them and told them I have a 30-06 that I got used and broke the extractor
while removing a stuck case that was my fault as I was stepping up the load and 100+ temps and stuck one.
Asked them for the part numbers of the extractor and check ball and spring and I would order the parts.
He wanted the serial number and my name and address and I gave those to him and next day I got mail and in the box was 2 extractors 2 balls and 2 springs.

FREE.
He got an Adda boy e mail back.

I also had Mossberg do that to me. I was trying to replace a recoil pad on a shotgun from the 1970's. I even told them I was looking to purchase it. They ended up just sending it to me for free.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to dupe the gun manufacturer or anyone will result in bad carma and bad juju.

Mossberg warranty on rifles does not look promising and stated original purchaser and
THE USE OF DEFECTIVE, NON-SAAMI STANDARD, REMANUFACTURED, HAND-
LOADED, AND/OR RELOADED AMMUNITION
makes warranty void.

Well I e mailed them and told them I have a 30-06 that I got used and broke the extractor
while removing a stuck case that was my fault as I was stepping up the load and 100+ temps and stuck one.
Asked them for the part numbers of the extractor and check ball and spring and I would order the parts.
He wanted the serial number and my name and address and I gave those to him and next day I got mail and in the box was 2 extractors 2 balls and 2 springs.

FREE.
He got an Adda boy e mail back.
Wasn't intending to dupe anyone, nor did/do I know if it's technically dishonest to begin with since its never been registered at all and like someone said...to some companies it doesn't matter. That's why I asked both the rep on the phone and others on here.
I seriously doubt a gun company is gonna cross reference a phone number from a random phone call to customer service with a gun warranty database. You're really overthinking this in my opinion.
I do that often. Always believed in erroring on the side of caution until I get enough evidence to counter it. But I appreciate the feedback!

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus are the absolute worst!!
I have had great luck from Taurus. Called them up, told them what I needed, no questions about warentee. Part in mail box in a couple days. Also with Sig. Sent in a Mosquito that needed a trigger spring replaced. No questions about warentee. Not only did they replace the trigger spring but they did an action job free of charge.
I have an old second hand Rossi .357 Mag with unfluted cylinder. Broke the hammer nose working up some heavy loads a few years ago. Called Rossi, part came in free and a Smith R&R'd it free. I must be living right and drinking the right whiskey. :>))

delta6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you had good luck.. This is a target shot with a Taurus TX22 and their tech/gunsmiths are sending it back. They said their is nothing wrong with their guns.
Eventually I will be posting all the emails, tests done by SIG, AWC and an independent smith that show the offset rifling and the chamber, barrel and muzzle adapter, none of which are concentric.
Taurus Blk.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd imagine that most gun makers would want to spend a little to make the product safer/useable than to have to answer for an 'incident'. 'Incidents' are very costly in human costs, $$$, PR, and public perception.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never sent in a warranty card on ANY gun nor have I every needed “warranty” work on ANY gun.
Edit to add, I did send a custom built Colt back to the gunsmith that built it for me if that counts. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom