Anyone have Cameras out yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well y’all aren’t going to believe this crap.

I was shooting my Excalibur Micro 335 this evening and heard the familiar “crack”. Yep, one of the limbs splintered. Ironically, I had the same thing happen to my Matrix 380 a couple weeks ago.

Fortunately, I plan for such and keep a back up crossbow at our house up here. So now my back up is strung and sighted in, and I’m going back out to feed the mosquitoes again in the morning.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was shooting my Excalibur Micro 335 this evening and heard the familiar “crack”. Yep, one of the limbs splintered. Ironically, I had the same thing happen to my Matrix 380 a couple weeks ago.

Fortunately, I plan for such and keep a back up crossbow at our house up here. So now my back up is strung and sighted in, and I’m going back out to feed the mosquitoes again in the morning.
Dang the luck. Hope it turns in your favor!
I have heard that happening to other Excal owners.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The beauty of a recurve crossbow is that you can restring in the field vs needing a press for the compound models.
I broke a string at Big Mac a couple of years ago, and was back in the game within an hour.
That reminds me, that I need to order a replacement string.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The beauty of a recurve crossbow is that you can restring in the field vs needing a press for the compound models.
I broke a string at Big Mac a couple of years ago, and was back in the game within an hour.
That reminds me, that I need to order a replacement string.

THAT’S the reason I use recurves, BUT I broke a LIMB not a STRING and don’t have an extra set of limbs!

I’ve thought about getting a set and never did, but I guarantee I’ll get an extra set of limbs now.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Retrieverman,

I've got a recurve crossbow I will give you if you want it. It's bare bones with no sight, quiver or arrows, since I robbed that stuff off of it to help out a couple of other guy's. I have killed 9 deer with it, so I know that it does have the speed and accuracy to kill a deer or three. If you want it let me know and it's yours.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Retrieverman,

I've got a recurve crossbow I will give you if you want it. It's bare bones with no sight, quiver or arrows, since I robbed that stuff off of it to help out a couple of other guy's. I have killed 9 deer with it, so I know that it does have the speed and accuracy to kill a deer or three. If you want it let me know and it's yours.

Man, I really appreciate the offer, but I’m currently in possession of 4 crossbows (of course, 2 have splintered limbs right now). If you really want rid of it, I can almost guarantee there’s someone on this board who could greatly benefit from your generous offer.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got a problem and don’t know exactly what to do.

For some reason, a motor grader was “joy riding” through my place yesterday, and for reference, where this picture was taken is about a mile off a public road, is only accessed by an oil field road, AND is inside a oil field locked gate.
My first thought was that it was an Alfalfa county grader, but I guess it could be someone grading the oil field road. Either way, where this picture was taken isn’t even close to the oil field road on my place.

THIS IS YET ANOTHER REASON WHY I USE CELLULAR CAMERAS.

Attachments

• 91DC1821-2906-4143-A51E-3FBA4FF1629C.jpeg
    91DC1821-2906-4143-A51E-3FBA4FF1629C.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 986FA549-68AC-4B0A-84F1-D4AC4DA7AE75.jpeg
    986FA549-68AC-4B0A-84F1-D4AC4DA7AE75.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 158

Latest posts

Top Bottom