Anyone have Cameras out yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had cameras out for over a month. No bucks to speak of but I had 7k pics of a branch I didn't see when setting up and 3k pics of a bug magnet tree. Another camera said the sd card was locked after 9 pictures and another camera had the batteries die very quickly. Ugh. Time to invest in new / better cameras as well as hope for better luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've had cameras out for over a month. No bucks to speak of but I had 7k pics of a branch I didn't see when setting up and 3k pics of a bug magnet tree. Another camera said the sd card was locked after 9 pictures and another camera had the batteries die very quickly. Ugh. Time to invest in new / better cameras as well as hope for better luck.

Are you using lithium batteries? I get decent life out of them but when one battery goes it shuts the cam down. Walmart does have an 8 pack of regular AA’s with a 16 gig SD card for $12. Almost bought it for the card and use the batteries around the house

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly I hadn't realized I was out of batteries until the night before I was going to the lease and the only thing close was the dollar store and they only had the cheap knock off batteries. I paid for buying them, twice.
Are you using lithium batteries? I get decent life out of them but when one battery goes it shuts the cam down. Walmart does have an 8 pack of regular AA’s with a 16 gig SD card for $12. Almost bought it for the card and use the batteries around the house

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been buying lithium AA batteries off eBay for the last couple years and recently found a deal on 960 for 81 cents each. I was paying over a buck each at Walmart, and it takes about 180 just to supply my cameras once. They’re dated 2037, so they should keep a while.
Since I started using the external batteries and solar panels, I’m not going through quite as many AA’s as before, but I want to have extra batteries on hand instead of having to try and find them in Cherokee or drive all the way to Alva (done it more than once...).

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the rechargeable 6 volt battery in my moultrie feeders along with one of these connected to them as well, has been going for 5 years now. I like them.
A solar panel and 6-volt battery in one, this time- and money-saving solution eliminates unnecessary trips to your feeder just to change the batteries.

Features:
■ Use with a rechargeable 6-volt battery or as your feeder’s sole power source
■ Varmint-resistant, 5-foot-long cord allows for optimal placement in the sun
■ Built-in battery indicator
■ Compatible with any Moultrie feeder with an external power port. $44.99
https://www.moultriefeeders.com/moultrie-feeder-powerpanel
powerpanel_1.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We test the batteries and replace the discharged one. Some of the lower voltage but still good come home and go in tv remotes or kids toys.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the rechargeable battery I use along with the solar panel with internal battery.
Keep your automatic deer feeders up and running with Moultrie’s rechargeable 6-volt safety batteries.
Keep you from having to go in to your feeder area so much just to replace batteries.
The combination has worked out well for me.

Features:
■ Sealed lead-acid battery
■ Prevents short-circuiting
■ Saves time and money
■ Safe for outdoor use
■ Compatible with any 6-volt feeder
$17.99
https://www.moultriefeeders.com/6-volt-rechargeable-safety-battery
mfhp12406-6-v-5amprechargablesafteybattery.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had 525 pics of deer on that pile of corn ears. Mostly does,sometimes 7-8 in a pic. The bucks were small except for one guy I got a couple times. Pics are poor, I need to put a different cam there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom