Anyone have Cameras out yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How often do you guys go check your cameras?
When I have them out, its about every week or longer. I'm about 45 miles from my hunting area so the fuel bill can add up pretty quick.
When I do check them, its scent free as possible and only go in when the wind if in my favor. I only hunt what some call small woodlots, so scent control and slipping in and out quietly is paramount.
We don't have many trees in my area.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I have them out, its about every week or longer. I'm about 45 miles from my hunting area so the fuel bill can add up pretty quick.
When I do check them, its scent free as possible and only go in when the wind if in my favor. I only hunt what some call small woodlots, so scent control and slipping in and out quietly is paramount.
We don't have many trees in my area.

Sounds like the area I hunt, I'm a little over an hour away so I'm trying to hit them every 2 weeks. Will probably just take them down a month or so before season, just to stay out of the area.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the area I hunt, I'm a little over an hour away so I'm trying to hit them every 2 weeks. Will probably just take them down a month or so before season, just to stay out of the area.
We all get worked up at the big bucks we get early, but in reality, when pre-rut starts to happen they all change their habits.
Okie4570 said it best in past posts. In the first two weeks of bow season you have a chance to shoot your deer. After that, you shoot your neighbors deer. Lots of truth in that statement.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How often do you guys go check your cameras?
Most of my cameras I use on my OK place are cellular, but I also have some non cellular cameras out and may a month or more without checking them. I have one cellular camera on the place beside my house, because I’ve gotten old and lazy.

I used to have a trail camera route I did EVERY DAY after work, and it took about an hour and a half.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of my cameras I use on my OK place are cellular, but I also have some non cellular cameras out and may a month or more without checking them. I have one cellular camera on the place beside my house, because I’ve gotten old and lazy.

I used to have a trail camera route I did EVERY DAY after work, and it took about an hour and a half.
Good cellular cams aren't much higher than good non cellular cams. With the month to month plans available now, its an easy decision for me. I can't drive to the land once for less than the monthly charge for 1 cam. Really handy for my hog trap and my cellular triggered gate that I made.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good cellular cams aren't much higher than good non cellular cams. With the month to month plans available now, its an easy decision for me. I can't drive to the land once for less than the monthly charge for 1 cam. Really handy for my hog trap and my cellular triggered gate that I made.
The ATT plan I use is $75/year for 4 gigs of data, and I don’t think it’s possible to use 4 gigs just with a game camera. I rarely use A gig and get SEVERAL thousand pictures per camera.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom