Anyone have experience with an SAS Arbiter titanium

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a 7.62 Titanium suppressor. I don't anticipate needing a can for rapid fire, and I don't really want to spend $1500 on a suppressor. Thoughts?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one is talking about it much on the NFA boards. You might want to do a Google search on their CS.

When you buy a can, you're basically marrying it, and to an extent, the company that made it. You literally can't do too much research before making a selection. When I spend that much money on a durable good that I'll probably never sell, I want a company that I know will stand behind their product AND still be there if I have an issue down the road. A lot of people hate AAC, but they make good stuff and they're not going anywhere. Some people love Gemtech, some hate them, but they have quality products as well. YHM makes some economical cans, but they generally have less suppression than their more expensive counterparts. Silencerco/SWR seem to always get high marks. Some of the newer companies that seem to have favorable reviews for both products and CS are Liberty, Thompson Machine and Huntertown Arms.

I wouldn't want to spend $1,500+ on a can either, but if I did I'd get a Surefire SOCOM 762 and never look back. However, you didn't mention what platform(s) you'd be using, nor your intended purpose. Those factors along with reputation of the product and company should drive your decision. Good luck!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An acquaintance of mine has the same intentions. Any of your bolt guns have a BOSS or other muzzle attachment? Consider thread pitch compatability if you do.

For your low volume of fire and intended platform & use, weight is a high level issue. The less weight at the end of the barrel the better, for better balance, smaller point of impact shift and reduced fatigue.

My recommendation to him was to take a hard look at the Gemtech Sandstorm. It's only 13.3 oz. and threads directly onto your barrel, rather than having the additional weight (and cost) of a steel QD mount like the SAS Arbiter or YHM Phantom Ti cans. With the can off the gun, a thread protector will keep the gun looking stock, rather than having a large muzzle device permanently attached to it. That Gemtech is a reputable manufacturer that puts out quality products with plenty of independent testing and a rep for good CS will also give you peace of mind about your purchase.

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/SANDSTORM-p48.htm

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one pending so I don't have much first hand experience with it yet. I like the TOMB design, the Arbiter has some reviews over on snipershide. The TBAC 30 has quite the following as well, now that I think about the Gemtech does also. I did quite a lot of research before making my decision, guess it depends on what features you are looking for. I watched as many side by side comparison shooting videos I could find.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom