Anyone Have Experience with Maxus II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, after a few weeks of waiting, and a delay on Monday, finally received my raffle shotgun in. If I didn't already have plans for Saturday I might have to go get some clays and try it out with an old pigeon thrower.

I won a Browning Maxus II 12 gauge from Ducks Unlimited.

I have to say that thus far, I am impressed with it. It is solid, easy to break down, looks pretty, and feels lighter than the 7.6 lbs my scale says it is. Definitely feels lighter than 8.2 lb M3500.

It is cerakoted with Shadow Grass Habitat pattern and says Mossy Oak in a few places.

It is made for duck hunting but as someone who has never been duck hunting, figured it would be good to bust clays and maybe hunt some other birds and maybe turkeys....or I might have to try ducks.

It came in a custom hard sided case, with full, modified, and improved invector plus chokes, has a 28 inch barrel with a nice clean trigger pull for a shotgun.

It feels natural throwing it up to my shoulder, and unlike the 3500 or 870, don't have to move my head much to look down the barrel. It fits really nicely in the pocket of my shoulder and feels nice!

I have bought a few boxes of shells and am now waiting on a good opportunity to try it out.

Attachments

• 20230223_172523.jpg
    20230223_172523.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230223_192634.jpg
    20230223_192634.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son looked at a Maxus when they first came out and was really impressed. I don’t think you’re going to be disappointed, but if for some reason you are, I bet someone on here would gladly buy it from you. :thumb:

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice. I considered it and shot one while hunting for a waterfowl gun. I ended up settling on the SBE3 and Franchi Affinity Elite. The Browning was next on the list above the Beretta.
Thank you! I haven't had a chance to shoot a higher end shotgun, have always been content with my 870 and M3500. About the highest I ever shot was my dad's old A5.

Retrieverman,
I had a guy at work say the same thing and the only thing that turned him off was the price tag. Thank you and I hope it is great, otherwise it will be like my old Carbon 15, and become a safe queen.

Thank you everyone! I am excited, and will have to provide a range report when I get an opportunity to shoot it.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, got a chance to go out to my cousin's house and shoot some clays. I am not saying that it is a miracle gun, but after close to 150 shotgun shells, I did not have a shoulder covered in bruises and my neck was a little less sore than normal with my 870.

I found the pull to be really nice! It seems to fit me quite well (5'10" and 175 lbs) and I was able tp keep my head more upright rather than having to reach to find the cheek weld. I won't say my head was naturally aligned with the bead, but it was quick and easy to find.

My shooting did improve, and even with the improved choke was able to reach out further with the #8 shot, so it seemed.

I am really impressed with it, and one of my cousins who shot with it, said that he really liked it and it was an improvement over his original Maxus.

Overall, I would give it a 9 of 10, only because I still had a few misses with it (usually the long dropping shots.)

I would recommend it because the recoil was less, and believe my wife (who is a tad recoil adverse) could shoot it. For someone who is on blood thinners and looking for a shotgun, definitely recommend. I had no worries of an embolism after shooting. It also felt great in my hands and on my shoulder!

Latest posts

Top Bottom