Anyone Have Hail Damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thunder can be heard this evening, sirens sounding and the baseball size hail is going to miss OKC according to the weather report. I have two offers on my roof and one will leave me with $2,300 cash which I assume will be fraud if I accept the contract-and the guy is absorbing my deductible of $8,500! The other guy appears experienced in that he has inspected the attic and says i need decking on top of the planks?? He is dealing with the insurance company.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thunder can be heard this evening, sirens sounding and the baseball size hail is going to miss OKC according to the weather report. I have two offers on my roof and one will leave me with $2,300 cash which I assume will be fraud if I accept the contract-and the guy is absorbing my deductible of $8,500! The other guy appears experienced in that he has inspected the attic and says i need decking on top of the planks?? He is dealing with the insurance company.
Yes, i think all mfg require their shingles be installed over decking. Been that way for a while.

Just make sure to use a legit, Oklahoma based company.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Run from shyster number one!

Good luck getting it taken care of.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am allowing shyster #2 to reroof the casa. However, USAA is now increasing my homeowners insurance $1,200.00 per year now. Time to start looking after the roof is replaced....

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1200 a year? Thats about what I pay now. I have Allstate and have been happy with them.
No, an increase of $1.200.00 per year over what I currently pay. Allstate sent me a quote of $1800.00 per year and that sounds a lot better than USAA. USAA is pretty lenient on payouts but I never knew them to exact a pound of flesh if one filed a claim with them.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had a massive hail storm in Oklahoma county and hail was up to the size of a golf ball so I have to assume that I have roof and gutter damage (I haven't gone outside to assess the property yet.). My property is mortgage free and insured by USAA so I'm not sure how they will pay for the damage. A check to me or to the roofer. I have a deductible of $8,500 "sigh" so that will severely impact me financially. Now the wife tells me that we have baseball size hail coming via an IPhone alert. Ah well, things happen sometimes. That baseball size will give a lot of people a headache.

I was in the same place once I owned my home outright. No mortgage.
Allstate Insurance I think.
They wanted to make the check out to me and the mortgage holder. Been there done that. Don’t ever do that
I say no mortgage. They say well what roofer?
I say “ no roofer paid the insurance”.
They say “ well we will send check but withhold 20% until we get receipt.

(I had already had the roof put on).
I say” I can send receipt now if you want, roof is on and roofer paid.”
They say well uh uh uh. Let me get a supervisor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom