Anyone Have Progressive Car Insurance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my renewal from Geico and it went up a LOT! It went from $800 and change to almost $1200...nearly 50%. No tickets, no claims. I've always been happy with them and they've been very responsive but that seems excessive for someone my age, 800+ credit scores, and clean record.

I love their Mechanical Breakdown coverage (like a really cheap extended warranty). But they've just priced themselves out of my market.

I've checked with my local agents and they aren't even in the same universe price wise. Allstate would have to pay me for accepting their coverage. USAA is a no go, too. I've had horrible luck with USAA insurance...almost as bad as Allstate. Never again for those two.

All that being said, I can save $440 year switching to Progressive with the same coverages (minus the mechanical breakdown). I'm looking for anyone that has personal experience with them.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had Progressive for over a decade. I love being able to use the app at all times, especially to view coverage and insurance cards.
We've had several not-at-faults, and one major at-fault (teenager living with us, fixed by large accident forgiveness). They were great every time. Went to bat for us several times.
One of our accidents was a long story.
We were rear ended, HARD in Tulsa. The Progressive coverage only covers tow within 100 miles to your shop of choice, so we had to leave the car in Tulsa. Progressive fought for the other guys insurance to get us a rental, and we were approved within an hour.
When the car was done 3 weeks later (the muffler was backordered), we drove back up to Tulsa to get it.
The car was TRASHED. Not a single part was factory, all certifit, the matte plastics didn't match texturally, the badges were crooked, bubbles in the paint, damage to the edges of certain parts. And both passenger doors had cardboard scratches from where the parts boxes were leaned against the navy blue paint and dragged across it. If you've ever seen cardboard scratches on paint you'll know what I mean.
It's 5:00 PM on a Saturday. We'd already turned in the rental, and the service at Bill Knight Collision in Tulsa was all closed. They only had a receptionist on hand to hand out keys.
I refused to sign their paperwork, grabbed the keys and left while my wife is in absolute hysterics (that car was her baby).
On the drive back to the metro I called Progressive and filed a complaint using their "repair guarantee".
They had us bring it to 89th and shields on Monday morning and had an estimator go over the freshly repaired car. He was visibly disgusted. Immediately put us into a very nice rental car.
It went into the Progressive official body shop which is no longer in OKC.
They put a stop payment on the repair check to Bill Knight and redid the entire car using OEM parts.
Couldn't be happier with every single experience I've ever had with Progressive.
Our next renewal is in about two weeks and it looks like our price is going down.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my renewal from Geico and it went up a LOT! It went from $800 and change to almost $1200...nearly 50%. No tickets, no claims. I've always been happy with them and they've been very responsive but that seems excessive for someone my age, 800+ credit scores, and clean record.

I love their Mechanical Breakdown coverage (like a really cheap extended warranty). But they've just priced themselves out of my market.

I've checked with my local agents and they aren't even in the same universe price wise. Allstate would have to pay me for accepting their coverage. USAA is a no go, too. I've had horrible luck with USAA insurance...almost as bad as Allstate. Never again for those two.

All that being said, I can save $440 year switching to Progressive with the same coverages (minus the mechanical breakdown). I'm looking for anyone that has personal experience with them.
MY Geico went up 50 a month cant wait to hear the reason this time

Latest posts

Top Bottom