Anyone Have Progressive Car Insurance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all over-the-top right wingers need to just chill a little. Honestly can't believe everyone just blindly agrees with everything posted without a lick of research.

This is pretty clear yet some just won't accept it.

Progressive does not have now, and never has had, any association with George Soros. Progressive also has never provided any financial support to any of the organizations mentioned in this chain letter.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I switched to progressive this year. The same coverage as my previous Farmers policy but literally 70% cheaper. It’s only been 6 months but so far so good.
Need to check this out as well. Have Farmers and NO claims, all good except has continually gone up with even lowering coverages. Gets old…

Plumber guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you who have Progressive and in Mustang/OKC area, would you mind sending me your agent name in a private reply? We have Allstate and nothing but increases so ready to start shopping around.

You're right - the insurance companies don't care how long you've been with them and honestly don't care if you switch carriers.

My buddy Google shows this: Progressive is owned by its shareholders, as it is a publicly-traded company. The biggest shareholders are The Vanguard Group, BlackRock Fund Advisors, and Wellington Management, which have a combined ownership stake of almost 20%, according to public records, as of Q1 2021.

And follow with Mr Google had this to say:
Here is Progressive’s response to inquiries regarding the misconceptions of the “affiliation” between George Soros and Progressive:
All I did was go online and did a quote online which actually saves you a little I’m guessing because there’s no agent to take off the top. The online process is simple took me 5 minutes to complete

Plumber guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had Allstate for several years with clear records, only to have several rate increases, last one coming at the end of may this year. Father in law suggested progressive as he’s used them for several years now without any bad remarks

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The company name is a turn off for me.
We had Farmers for 25 years. Treated us well on 3 major homeowner claims, the first 10 years. After several years of increases every year, they priced themselves out of my business.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Progressive is a technology company that is writing insurance and it's working well in a lot of cases. They tend to buy business and raise rates later but several companies do that. Hit and miss on claims. They can be abysmal on the commercial side, but the personal lines side seems to be better. Just a few realities from being in the industry...

- USAA, while some have a few weird complaints, has a far better reputation than anyone mentioned here by far. In service, claims and pricing.
- You should expect all home and auto insurance to go up this year, no matter the carrier. IF yours did not, you will be the minority and enjoy it.
- Make SURE you read the homeowners policy, progressive can be sneaky. Are you getting Guaranteed Replacement cost? or Extended? Something to consider with the cost of construction and materials.
- Progressive is a fan of telematics, and that's the way the industry is going. It works, but people are not going to like the invasiveness.
- Shop your insurance every 2-3 years, these companies have no loyalty on the personal lines side, you're cattle and the sale is transactional, not a relationship. You can have the best relationship with the agent, but he is bound by the company he works for. Find a broker if you can, so they can work for you.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't read all the replies (4 pages) but Progressive is evil. Drop them and move somewhere else.

As for costs going up, everyone's getting a bump in premiums right now as cars get back on the road and more accidents happen. My agent swears we all forgot how to drive during Covid. More wrecks this year than all of 2019 on his claim list.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got my renewal from Geico and it went up a LOT! It went from $800 and change to almost $1200...nearly 50%. No tickets, no claims. I've always been happy with them and they've been very responsive but that seems excessive for someone my age, 800+ credit scores, and clean record.

I love their Mechanical Breakdown coverage (like a really cheap extended warranty). But they've just priced themselves out of my market.

I've checked with my local agents and they aren't even in the same universe price wise. Allstate would have to pay me for accepting their coverage. USAA is a no go, too. I've had horrible luck with USAA insurance...almost as bad as Allstate. Never again for those two.

All that being said, I can save $440 year switching to Progressive with the same coverages (minus the mechanical breakdown). I'm looking for anyone that has personal experience with them.
I have Farmer's bundled with my home and it's dirt cheap, better than my AAA used to be.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have figured out we need to change insurance companies every 5 years. You get a great rate as a new customer then the gradually raise their rate 10% to 20% each year. It's the frog in the boiling pot story. We just switched from Liberty Mutual to Geico and cut our rated nearly in half. We had had LM for about 5 years. They were great at first then they started turning up the heat on the pot. I remember the days that as your cars got older, your insurance went down because it was worth less each year.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read all the replies (4 pages) but Progressive is evil. Drop them and move somewhere else.

As for costs going up, everyone's getting a bump in premiums right now as cars get back on the road and more accidents happen. My agent swears we all forgot how to drive during Covid. More wrecks this year than all of 2019 on his claim list.

How is Progressive "evil"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom