Anyone Have Progressive Car Insurance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wwr

New to the site!
Reaction score
Just got my renewal from Geico and it went up a LOT! It went from $800 and change to almost $1200...nearly 50%. No tickets, no claims. I've always been happy with them and they've been very responsive but that seems excessive for someone my age, 800+ credit scores, and clean record.

I love their Mechanical Breakdown coverage (like a really cheap extended warranty). But they've just priced themselves out of my market.

I've checked with my local agents and they aren't even in the same universe price wise. Allstate would have to pay me for accepting their coverage. USAA is a no go, too. I've had horrible luck with USAA insurance...almost as bad as Allstate. Never again for those two.

All that being said, I can save $440 year switching to Progressive with the same coverages (minus the mechanical breakdown). I'm looking for anyone that has personal experience with them.
Go with Safeco. I just got my first increase and it was less than 10%. First increase in 5 years!!.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is Progressive "evil"?
I haven't read all the replies (4 pages) but Progressive is evil. Drop them and move somewhere else.

As for costs going up, everyone's getting a bump in premiums right now as cars get back on the road and more accidents happen. My agent swears we all forgot how to drive during Covid. More wrecks this year than all of 2019 on his claim list.
And who do you use instead of Progressive?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have State Farm, bundled with homeowners. Very inexpensive and awesome service. Did have issue with one accident about 10 years ago, wanted to replace a part using salvage parts. Awesome on homeowners claims too, but we have had them for over 20 years...

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can believe that. Wife's friend hit a deer just before Christmas with her Kia Sorento.
It took 4 months to get parts from across the pond.

Yeah. In the Tundra forums guys getting their cat's stolen are having to wait months. In 21 when Ford wrecked my F-150 he said it'd be 6 months before it could be fixed.

JR18

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before USAA I had AAA and never had a problem. They’re probably the best car insurance Iv used. Not sure how big they are out here in the Midwest compared to the west coast. I know they have a few offices.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AAA doesn't like performance cars or trucks,they offer fewer tows,, if u break down,,AAA also supports restrictions on the sale and use of performance vehicles,,,been reading about it since 1985 in Hot Rod magazine..AAA also supported Cash for Clunkers 1 and now the DEMS are working on Cash for Clunkers 2,anything older than 10 years is limited to 1000 mile a year..

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't Progressive owned by George Soros?
YEP. If you're former Military or your mom or dad served, try WWW:USAA.com. If they can establish eligibility thru a close relative that way. you're in. Eligebility always flows downhill. I hear they're still a deal. I've been a member for 49 years and would do business with them if their pricing was more than the competitors. their service is that good - yes - that good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom