Anyone have range hours using a mock suppressor? (.223)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t see the point in real suppressors if you’re not going to run sub sonic ammo, and I dang sure don’t see the point in putting something on the end of your barrel just to “look“ like you’re in the cool kids club. :scratch:

My brother has 4 legal suppressors, and I give him hell all the time.
I and everyone I know that runs suppressors use supersonic ammo. We've been using suppressors on our guns over 20 years. Suppressors reduce sound and visible signatures and impact on the shooters hearing. That's actually fact. A good suppressor will reduce sound to below 140db. That's the min for keeping hearing intact.

Suppressors are not silencers and their primary purpose is not as a silencer. You have to run subsonic for it to work as a silencer. Subs are great for shooting mouses and stuff, but if you're gonna run a 200gr 308 sub, that's just stupid. Why have a rifle? Just get a big slow pistol cal and suppress that. A 250gr or 300gr 45 going sub will kill something better and it's cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom