Anyone have the Browning 1911 85%?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's pretty pricey, I really like tiny guns but it's a blow back I wouldnt think it would be sooo pricey. Is the novelty going to wear off eventually? Is it pretty reliable?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Following
I really like .22s and like the looks of the Browning but it is pricey. Already have 2 full size 1911 22s & 2 Buckmarks

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Following
I really like .22s and like the looks of the Browning but it is pricey. Already have 2 full size 1911 22s & 2 Buckmarks
Man their buckmarks are really pricey. Great trigger and all but they are I believe 100 bucks more than any other gun in the same class like the Ruger Mark series, The beretta target and the Smith Victory.

Ive also noticed something that 22 guns have started going up in price well the handguns. I feel like the sr22s should be 299 to 350 by now and they arent. I know im splitting hairs as you can easily find an SR for 399 but yeah. I feel like if it came out pre 2012 and that didnt happen then it would be lower priced by now. Idk maybe at the ripe old age of 27 (/s) im starting to notice prices rise more and more.

Freaking Walmart AAA batteries cost me 7 bucks. I had an old box I bought before college that was around 5.... Sheesh never thought 2 bucks would bother me that bad.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm watching this thread too. Every time I see one, I think that I should get one...but then I see the price and I walk away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are soooo neat is the same but I know it isnt a "real" 1911. Its a blow back gun made of aluminum which maybe that is hard to work with. idk. Im not too into the internals of guns. I just know the general idea of how stuff works and what is pricey and what isnt. Not the real science and reasons why.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Freaking Walmart AAA batteries cost me 7 bucks. I had an old box I bought before college that was around 5.... Sheesh never thought 2 bucks would bother me that bad.
Dollar General store brand alkaline batteries last just as long as the major brands and are half price. I've had some in my game cams that are 3 months in the cams and are at 50 some % left to use.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dollar General store brand alkaline batteries last just as long as the major brands and are half price. I've had some in my game cams that are 3 months in the cams and are at 50 some % left to use.
Ill have to look into them. My roku remote goes through AAAs like crazy. Seems like once a month Im putting a new pair in.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both the .380 and the .22, The .380 came with black plastic grips
http://www.browning.com/products/fi...roduction/black-label-1911-380-full-size.html
Found a pair of wood Browning grips on Ebay ( the .380 and .22 share grip size) also a extra magazine, the pistol only came with 1, bought extra magazine when I purchased, up to 3 -- shot 50 rounds today, Winchester White Box -- have about 100 rounds fired, no hiccups, I think I used Perfecta first time out -- I had the .22 A1, G.I. version, sold it and bought the Black Label Compact
http://www.browning.com/products/fi...ion/1911-22-black-label-laminate-compact.html
100 rounds today; 50 Federal Auto Match and 50 Remington Thunderbolt. Probably have 600 rounds thru the .22.
A bit pricey, depends! -- fun to shoot, accurate -- I have a Kimber Micro .380 ( I was trying to sell it a while back) that shoots better groups -- Just had to get them!

Latest posts

Top Bottom