Anyone headed to the Metcalf show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ronny this is NOT directed at you in particular, but to everyone in general...if $2 makes the difference about going to the show, people have no business going....they ought to get a weekend job or go to school

JB, your missing the point. At least, you're missing the point regarding the small town shows. If the shows in Ada, Duncan, Tishomingo and Durant can do it for $5 or $6 (and often do it better), why does Metcalf charge $8?

I've already conceded that his shows are better than they used to be. However, they are not better than the others I mentioned.

Listen, I drive from Ardmore to OKC and to Ft Worth (and, on rare occasion, to Tulsa. Gas costs a hell of a lot more than the ticket price. Obviously, I pay more to get to these shows than I do to get in.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ronny:

The solution is simple, if a person doesn't want to pay the extra $2 dollars, they don't have to go. He charges what the market will bear.

JB, your missing the point. At least, you're missing the point regarding the small town shows. If the shows in Ada, Duncan, Tishomingo and Durant can do it for $5 or $6 (and often do it better), why does Metcalf charge $8?

I've already conceded that his shows are better than they used to be. However, they are not better than the others I mentioned.

Listen, I drive from Ardmore to OKC and to Ft Worth (and, on rare occasion, to Tulsa. Gas costs a hell of a lot more than the ticket price. Obviously, I pay more to get to these shows than I do to get in.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
could it be the advertising cost are alot higher for T.V. and newspaper for the bigger shows? and maybe the rent on the venue could be higher?
Just a thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom