Anyone heard of Badlands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romanleader

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds to me like someone got butthurt doing a grappling type ccw course and went home to cry momma after the fact.
If your going to bash a company based on a second hand account (it is second hand btw), then in the interest of fairness, I believe you should tell everyone the 'whole story', as you put it.

I've known Bobby and Steve for quite some time. I choose carefully endorsements I make. Badlands is top notch. They're real folks with experience and not the egos so many places display. I've been to many schools and witnessed other schools operations as well. Without hesitation Badlands is ranked at the top.

You want to air out grievances, do it with them face to face. Not on some internet forum after the fact.

Blessings men,

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds to me like someone got butthurt doing a grappling type ccw course and went home to cry momma after the fact.
If your going to bash a company based on a second hand account (it is second hand btw), then in the interest of fairness, I believe you should tell everyone the 'whole story', as you put it.

I've known Bobby and Steve for quite some time. I choose carefully endorsements I make. Badlands is top notch. They're real folks with experience and not the egos so many places display. I've been to many schools and witnessed other schools operations as well. Without hesitation Badlands is ranked at the top.

You want to air out grievances, do it with them face to face. Not on some internet forum after the fact.

Blessings men,

Your guesstimate of what happened is way off the mark. Sorry.

And this forum is specifically for giving out information... both good and bad, for people to make their own decisions. It's NOT just for businesses to push their agendas, and for mods or cheerleaders to pat them on the back. There was a time on this forum when I was banned simply for making a comment about USSA, and nothing even all that bad. But, thankfully, this community accepts other opinions now, even of sponsors.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. I'll take a "guess" as to what happened. Hamp and wife took a private class from Rich at Badlands. They asked for a specific type of course of which they received and it appears Hamp was quite happy with. Hamp's wife asked you (a fellow doc) to take a look at some abrasions. You jumped to conclusions as a result. That's it in a nutshell.

ETA: ALL of the information you received was second-hand information. The interesting thing is that both Hamp and wife expressed how happy they were with the course they received. You are the only one (a non-participant in the training) that isn't happy.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is funny how someone who was completely happy with a class (hamp-who was there) who's opinion is nothing but positive can be so misconstrued by you that you would turn it into a negative comment. I'm sorry, the only opinion on that specific class that matters has been stated and completely ignored on your part.... I welcome you to voice your opinion, but please answer one question for me..... who asked you to remove your negative comment?
--Justin

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't care who's nuts are in a shell. I asked about PRECISION RIFLE COURSE so if you ladies want to have a brawl take it out back, I appreciate everyone's input but seeing how a realistic scenario is not my aim then it is irrelevant to my question.
So stop whining and everyone MAN UP AND SHUT UP.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't care who's nuts are in a shell. I asked about PRECISION RIFLE COURSE so if you ladies want to have a brawl take it out back, I appreciate everyone's input but seeing how a realistic scenario is not my aim then it is irrelevant to my question.
So stop whining and everyone MAN UP AND SHUT UP.

Actually, you asked for "Looking at training in general, carbine, pistol, and long rifle. I stumbled across Badlands in Grandfield Oklahoma-ville.
Has anyone been there? Is it good or bad or totally awesome or utterly horrible?"

We are merely making sure you get an accurate answer to your question. Telling someone to "SHUT UP" is probably not the best play in this case. Jus sayin

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, you asked for "Looking at training in general, carbine, pistol, and long rifle. I stumbled across Badlands in Grandfield Oklahoma-ville.
Has anyone been there? Is it good or bad or totally awesome or utterly horrible?"

We are merely making sure you get an accurate answer to your question. Telling someone to "SHUT UP" is probably not the best play in this case. Jus sayin
Sigh yes I did say that, but I told yall to be quiet because I asked about Badlands and the thread turned into an argument which is not what I want, the fact that she got roughed up tell me it's as realistic as can be.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. I'll take a "guess" as to what happened. Hamp and wife took a private class from Rich at Badlands. They asked for a specific type of course of which they received and it appears Hamp was quite happy with. Hamp's wife asked you (a fellow doc) to take a look at some abrasions. You jumped to conclusions as a result. That's it in a nutshell.

ETA: ALL of the information you received was second-hand information. The interesting thing is that both Hamp and wife expressed how happy they were with the course they received. You are the only one (a non-participant in the training) that isn't happy.

Again... you haven't a clue what you are talking about, and you are WRONG. Stop making things up. Nothing could be further from the truth than what you are spewing, but I am beginning to suspect that you have some other motivation behind your adamant defense of people in a situation you know nothing about.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again... you haven't a clue what you are talking about, and you are WRONG. Stop making things up. Nothing could be further from the truth than what you are spewing, but I am beginning to suspect that you have some other motivation behind your adamant defense of people in a situation you know nothing about.
Seriously guys can we stop this crap.
I appreciate your input TR and I appreciate your input Casters but if yall want to have a caps lock war do it in pms.
And what happened to your friend is here say from what I can tell unless she posted here and I missed it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously guys can we stop this crap.
I appreciate your input TR and I appreciate your input Casters but if yall want to have a caps lock war do it in pms.
And what happened to your friend is here say from what I can tell unless she posted here and I missed it.

Sorry... you asked for input. I gave input. I suppose it's only relevant if it's positive. JK is being fed info from Badlands, someone is telling him what they want him to hear, or it is someone who doesn't know the whole story. Either way, it's spin.

I'll try to remember that only positive reviews are what people here are looking for. Have a good one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom