Anyone here do firearm coating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterGrubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly don't care if it's cerakote, duracote, or spray can as long as it holds up to light/moderate abuse and looks clean.

Been quoted 175-200 to do action, barrel, and bottom metal, which puts it out of range for me.

Anyone cheaper? In okc, so somewhat nearby preferably.

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG It I have had two pistols done in Ponca City by individual doesn't have shop set up but does very good work. This Colt Compact 45 he done for me. If your interested let me know and I'll get you contact info. His price on last one he done for me was 125 dollars

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do duracoat and honestly if its a bolt gun thats not a terrible deal. Have to take the action out of the stock and strip everything. It takes a lot of prep work. The fact that it costs so much is the reason I went to the classes and started doing it myself. Im poor and I cant afford those prices.

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Johnny does very good work you just have to travel to Ponca city. He can explain his process better than I can give him a call.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might contact MKP Arms in Minco. After he's done with his machining operations he sends them to a guy just south of Newcastle. I forget who it is, but they did good work on mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom