Anyone here reloads primers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth-Vang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned my lesson during the Obama years and put back an ample supply of components during the “good times“ for my needs. With that said, however, I hope you are successful with your project of reloading primers. If so, please post your methodology; we may all need that knowledge eventually.
I sure will. I like this forum and the folks here. Very active folks here.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They'll be $70-$110 depending on what kind they are. Those prices aren't changing anything soon and I think $35 bricks are a thing of the past. It'll probably settle into $60-$70.

If you all would leave the primers on the store shelf, they'd be $25 a brick!

As long as everyone keeps scarfing them up at any price, they will stay stupid priced!

@Darth-Vang
Check this out if your have not already!

Save old spent primers

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

As long as everyone keeps scarfing them up at any price, they will stay stupid priced!

@Darth-Vang

Save old spent primers
1000% exactly correct. Reloaders have brought this on themselves just like the .22 rimfire shortage that was the fault of scalpers and hoarders.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

@Darth-Vang

Save old spent primers
So, if I need some SPP, of which I have ZERO, I should not buy any until the price falls to $25? Or wait until this guy makes some so we can all start making them? lol

1000% exactly correct. Reloaders have brought this on themselves just like the .22 rimfire shortage that was the fault of scalpers and hoarders.
I thought you reloaded and had your primer stash?

Last edited:

Darth-Vang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, if I need some SPP, of which I have ZERO, I should not buy any until the price falls to $25? Or wait until this guy makes some so we can all start making them? lol

I thought you reloaded and had your primer stash?
No one said you should wait on me. Lol It’s entirely up to you if you want to or not, ain’t no one making you, aah the power of freedom, I’m just sharing for those whose interested. If it helps those who wants to know then hey more power to them. If I have zero primers and there’s none on the shelf or if people want to price gouge(which we’ve all seen that have happened in the past) then I can sleep well knowing that I don’t have to be at the mercy of others. Power of self sufficiency it’s really handy when you really really need it.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
No one said you should wait on me. Lol It’s entirely up to you if you want to or not, ain’t no one making you, aah the power of freedom, I’m just sharing for those whose interested. If it helps those who wants to know then hey more power to them. If I have zero primers and there’s none on the shelf or if people want to price gouge(which we’ve all seen that have happened in the past) then I can sleep well knowing that I don’t have to be at the mercy of others. Power of self sufficiency it’s really handy when you really really need it.
I was talking to the out-of-stater who just said if we’d stop buying primers, then they’d be $25 a brick. Which they have not been $25 a brick in like 15 years ish??? Way before this.

I’m a little surprised that you think I’m serious about waiting on your experiment. Lol

Well, keep us informed. I have primers and I can still get primers and I still do get the primers that I need when I need them. They’re everywhere. Don’t blow your fingers off!

Latest posts

Top Bottom