Anyone interested in getting on a hunting lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's more folks than I'd personally want to be in a lease with. Good opportunity for the droves of people looking for a lease to hunt on though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's more folks than I'd personally want to be in a lease with. Good opportunity for the droves of people looking for a lease to hunt on though.

what would be your ideal number for 42,000 acres?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what would be your ideal number for 42,000 acres?

Ideally just a couple. In reality 25 would be about all I'd want personally. 35-4500 would be a good price for that kind of access. Damn glad I don't have to lease hunting property at all in Oklahoma. Because the 100 members plus spouses and kids/grandkids could easily mean 200 hunters in the field. High pressure comes to mind. To each there own.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ideally just a couple. In reality 25 would be about all I'd want personally. 35-4500 would be a good price for that kind of access. Damn glad I don't have to lease hunting property at all in Oklahoma. Because the 100 members plus spouses and kids/grandkids could easily mean 200 hunters in the field. High pressure comes to mind. To each there own.

you think 35 on 4,500 acres is better than 100 on 42,000 acres?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all. Where the hell did you get that thought ? You misunderstood my earlier reply. 3500 dollars to 4500 dollars for a quarter of the people and 42000 acres would Almost make me want to join a lease.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a lease over by Hominy once. 880 acres with 6 Hunters. We got a topo map, and drew out zones for each mini lease. The agreement was that each hunter had their own 146 acres to hunt. You were not allowed to cross into the other mini lease within the overall lease unless you had permission from that lessee.
It actually worked out well. Turkey, quail, dove, etc, there were no restrictions on hunting anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom