Anyone know about residential HVAC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The installation is more important than brand. It needs done right or any brand will fail. Ask friends, coworkers, neighbors who they use and trust.

I sell mainly Armtrong(Lennox product) Rudd and American Standard, but I can get most anything. If you were closer I'd give you quote.

Most that I sell is 14 seer which was high efficiency not long ago. Bump above that you get into more components to fail and more out of pocket. It pays off eventually if you maintain it. Upper seer units require a TXV that's guaranteed to fail eventually.

Help me out. What's a TXV? American Standard is what we did on our upstairs unit a few years back, worked out great.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The installation is more important than brand. It needs done right or any brand will fail. Ask friends, coworkers, neighbors who they use and trust.
This, many times over. Also, make sure they do a "Manual J" to get the size right; oversize is almost as bad as undersize. If they won't do one--or especially if they don't know what it is--they're highly suspect. They shouldn't charge to do it, either.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i work for 2 brothers that do HVAC and plumbing,they keep busy so they dont want to go back and fix anything, since its on their dime,they looked at call backs vs brands and Lennox(Airflow) had the fewest so thats all they will put in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom