Anyone know of a decent body shop in norman area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerSoonerOUalways

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am new to the area and have a brand new toyota truck. The front bumper cover panel on the truck is wonky and of course the dealer says "oh it looks great" even after they tried to do some warranty work on it. Bothering me on a brand new truck. Anyone here know of a good body shop that will actually work with me to fix this issue? The one I went to that had good ratings online said its "unfixable? but I doubt that lol Off topic I know on a gun forum but trucks-firearms go hand in hand sometimes.

Last edited:

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will have a harder time trying to do non-insurance work with body shops. Stay away from any chain as they won't be interested in taking production time from insurance work. You'll need to find an independent. Johnson's Collision is a good one in the Norman area.

BTW, if your front bumper is coming off, make sure the shop is recalibrating your adaptive cruise control or forward collision warning sensors (if equipped).

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to the area and have a brand new toyota truck. The front bumper cover panel on the truck is wonky and of course the dealer says "oh it looks great" even after they tried to do some warranty work on it. Bothering me on a brand new truck. Anyone here know of a good body shop that will actually work with me to fix this issue? The one I went to that had good ratings online said its "unfixable? but I doubt that lol Off topic I know on a gun forum but trucks-firearms go hand in hand sometimes.

What specifically is wrong with the front bumper cover? Before you spend money on it, maybe we can offer some advice on fixing it yourself.

BoomerSoonerOUalways

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would for sure be open to fixing it myself, toyota has tried twice and same as a body shop where I just moved here from(new mexico) but of course toyota sent me to the WORST body shop in my town in new mexico and they just did a shoddy job. Basically my front bumper cover on my 2022 tacoma is pushing in on both sides. Started after some other warranty work on the bumper cover and they made it worse. Drives me wild on a brand new truck i know its minor but just want it fixed. here is a photo, it looks like this on both sides of the truck and pushes in. I was going to try to pull it out then JB weld it but honestly if I try to pull the panel out to be flush with the other panel there is so much resistance something will break. I would appreciate any help. Apparently wonky front bumpers are common on 3rd gen tacomas. Its so bad that when it sits in the sun it casts a shadow from the other panel being so much higher than the bumper cover on both sides. Its so misaligned that its causing the paint to rub off on certain parts of where its too tight and too loose on other parts. I know its minor but i just want the panels to line up better its more apparent on a white truck and in person you can see it better. Toyota said "looks great" lol thank you. you guys are helpful and awesome.

Last edited:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would for sure be open to fixing it myself, toyota has tried twice and same as a body shop where I just moved here from(new mexico) but of course toyota sent me to the WORST body shop in my town in new mexico and they just did a shoddy job. Basically my front bumper cover on my 2022 tacoma is pushing in on both sides. Started after some other warranty work on the bumper cover and they made it worse. Drives me wild on a brand new truck i know its minor but just want it fixed. here is a photo, it looks like this on both sides of the truck and pushes in. I was going to try to pull it out then JB weld it but honestly if I try to pull the panel out to be flush with the other panel there is so much resistance something will break. I would appreciate any help. Apparently wonky front bumpers are common on 3rd gen tacomas. Its so bad that when it sits in the sun it casts a shadow from the other panel being so much higher than the bumper cover on both sides. Its so misaligned that its causing the paint to rub off on certain parts of where its too tight and too loose on other parts. I know its minor but i just want the panels to line up better its more apparent on a white truck and in person you can see it better. Toyota said "looks great" lol thank you. you guys are helpful and awesome.

Do you think the info in this page can help? I can see you don't have fender flares but the underlying pieces should be the same.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/help-please-front-bumper-alignment.736718/

Latest posts

Top Bottom