Anyone listen to Gun Talk on KTOK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clay & Buck may be milk toast, but they are definitely leaning more "our" way than Lee. Lee reminds me of Glenn Beck pre-covid, or worse yet, Stu from the GB show...too many like him on our side. We are just supposed to accept it because "generally", we agree LOL. Among other issues with his opinions and representing us in OK, are the fact he much too often gives false info but doesn't know he does. Worse yet, he isn't humble about it either. I once heard him say that he supported mandates for jabs and then later he switched and won't acknowledge it. He also gets stuff wrong on guns, but it was much worse 10yrs ago so he's learned some at least. The true test in my humble opinion of how likely someone on our side is really on our side is how much they worship the atheist liberals who run the drug companies, and worse yet not even realize it. Clay & Buck at least don't do that.

Hadn't heard but I'm going to check it out.

Limbaugh was an American classic, but he supported NAFTA and the shots...but he was still a great loss for waking up people, AND he did become more populist (seemingly) as he got older. In some ways he was better for our side and in some ways the new guys are. Buck is a former deap-stater though who used to work for beck and supported all the establishment wars and talking points in the past (like Hannity). But at least none of them including Lee hate America which is at least something going for them LOL.

Well, ballistically I don't have that info on tap, but part of the anecdotal discussion today was that maybe it penetrated better on deer or did more damage from higher velocity? Guy said he pistol hunted and in years of doing so, he almost never had one get far with his 41mag as compared to the 44. He felt the 41mag was a little better for his use case. Maybe less recoil and more accuracy?

Or. he just hangs up on people if they have an unacceptable opinion, or worse yet, an unacceptable fact. BUT he does agree with you on the jab :)

I'd bet he was a member here...Lee, if you are, we listen, we get it, you are somewhere in between a McCain and an Inhoff. When compared to an Obummer, we have no choice but to be on your side. ha!

He's evolved though some. Even Shannon had his issues. He was far right but then if anyone more Ron Paulish called in, he would call them a "black helicopter" person like he did to Randy Brogdon at first. There is something about people on the Conservative side (Beck used to be the worst at it), that likes to point to someone supposedly right of them on an issue and bash them. It is really just a virtue signal to the left in my opinion...like when Beck warmed up to Samantha Bee there for awhile and then by the end of trump's term, he was praising him more than Regan LOL. Not much self awareness on our side.
I have called both shows, Shannon and Lee and told them the same thing about their news department continuing their parroting of the main street national news reading copy right off the wire without a creative or conservative thought about it. I was always hung up on and nothing else was said.

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
On rare occasion I happen to turn on the radio on Sunday mornings when this show is on. Then I go months or maybe even years and forget about it. I rediscovered it today and enjoyed the show. I think it is on at 10am for those who want to check it out. Among other things, today I learned of these things:

https://www.wheretoshoot.org/
https://www.saf.org/grpc/
Oklahoma Rifle Association (website looks like maybe they don't exist anymore LOL)

Also, I heard a nice discussion about 44mag vs 41mag. I always wanted a 41mag but this made me want one more LOL.
I have a couple of 41mags and I love them!

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love Guntalk....have learned a LOT from Tom and callers. I think KTOK's Guntalk broadcast is actually recorded from the prior week. If I want to listen to the live broadcast, I go onlline and listen via live broadcasts from a list of radio stations he provides on his website. Since I'm usually out and gardening, mowing, shooting, or hunting on Sunday afternoons I usually end up listening to his show via the podcast replays while driving thru out the next week.

kamojke

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
On rare occasion I happen to turn on the radio on Sunday mornings when this show is on. Then I go months or maybe even years and forget about it. I rediscovered it today and enjoyed the show. I think it is on at 10am for those who want to check it out. Among other things, today I learned of these things:

https://www.wheretoshoot.org/
https://www.saf.org/grpc/
Oklahoma Rifle Association (website looks like maybe they don't exist anymore LOL)

Also, I heard a nice discussion about 44mag vs 41mag. I always wanted a 41mag but this made me want one more LOL.
I would choose a 41. Over the .44. Just my opinion. I had both calibers in a Smith & Wesson. I felt like the 41. had less recoil, and was more accurate. Nothing wrong with the .44 but the 41. would be my choice. I’ll probably get hammered for my comments.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would choose a 41. Over the .44. Just my opinion. I had both calibers in a Smith & Wesson. I felt like the 41. had less recoil, and was more accurate. Nothing wrong with the .44 but the 41. would be my choice. I’ll probably get hammered for my comments.
No I think that is a very reasonable position. I wonder how the 41mag ballistics compares to 10mm?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the worst part of KFAQ in Tulsa going to sports talk was the loss of Guntalk. They used to carry it live from 1 PM to 4 PM on Sunday afternoons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom