Anyone Load 32-20 or have 32-20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sgt Dog I would almost bet that round Jcann has would fit well.
I got mine to fit just fine and fired one and going out tomorrow to fire a handful of them at Lexington.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do load .44-40, which Has a similar bottleneck shape. While I can’t speak directly about the .32-20, I’m aware of a similar problem with .44-40. A lot of CAS folks have shaved a bit off the base of the sizing die to move the shoulder down a bit farther. I never had that problem, but I used to have problems with crimping that would leave a little ring just below the crimp, preventing them from chambering.

Not sure if either of these ideas will help, but it’s something to look at. I would also recommend a Lee Factory Crimp die.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have came to the conclusion that these chambers when cut were not all the same or even close.
Today we have much better stuff being turned out.
I suppose if you get the load to work that is about as good as it gets.
By the looks of this gun I would say it has not been fired in over 50 years.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been loading .32-20 for 40 years, but that just means I have one year's experience 40 times. :doh: I started with an old Marlin 27S pump in '77 and then added a Marlin 1894CL when they made a run of them in the old cartridges in the late '80's. I also have two old S&W revolvers in .32-20. My favorite knockaround rifle load is a 115 grain cast bullet over 5 grains of Unique. I've loaded the .32-20 rifles pretty hot, but got away from that because there are better rifles if I need more power. Be glad to share what I know - I'm not a real technical wizard, but I've had great results with the .32-20 over the years.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A6789B05-FA00-42FA-94CE-55C9FC8182B7.jpeg
.32-20 cartridges- Starline nickel brass with Acme coated bullets over 5 grains of Unique powder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom