Anyone playing the lottery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Megamillions up to 1.25 billion. I could buy a gun or two if I won that. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Seriously the odds of me winning are the same as me getting young and good looking again. It ain't going to happen. Still it is fun to think about and worth $3 just for the mental entertainment value. I can dream about the story book castle I could have built, with an indoor range my OSA buddies could use free of course.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 10 numbers, didn't win nuffin.
I figured I might win at least $100k or so.
I just buy a $3 ticket every now and then. I know the odds are against me winning much and I can not see spending to much. It is fun to think about. How about the "OSA private retreat and gun club" :P

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have been in a lottery pool for about three years now with a couple dozen folks.
Fingers crossed on every drawing.
A friend's brother-in-law was in a lotto pool back before Oklahoma did it for the kids. Every week, they'd pool their money and drive to Kansas (from the Tulsa area). After years of doing it, he skipped a week.

Guess who hit the big (like multi-million big) jackpot that week...

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your odds of winning the big jackpot are somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 in 300,000,000

Just by way of a fun comparison, here are the odds of some other things that are also not likely to happen to you. :rollingla
(from What Are Your Odds Of Winning The Lottery?)
  • Being struck by lightning: 1 in 10 million odds (or 30 times more likely)
  • Dying from improperly using a right-handed product as a southpaw: 1 in 4.4 million odds (68 times more likely)
  • Becoming an astronaut: 1 in 12 million odds (25 times more likely)
  • Being struck by a meteor: 1 in 700,000 odds (438 times more likely)
  • Winning an Olympic gold medal: 1 in 662,000 odds (453 times more likely)
  • Dating a supermodel: 1 in 88,000 odds (3,409 times more likely)
  • Dying in a plane crash: 1 in 11 million odds (27 times more likely)
  • Becoming president: 1 in 10 million odds (30 times more likely)
  • Being wrongfully convicted of a crime: 1 in 3,703 odds (81,015 times more likely)
  • Being hospitalized over a pogo stick injury: 1 in 115,300 odds (2,601 times more likely)

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never spent a dime on the Oklahoma Lottery. Learned along time ago my chances of winning anything is zero. Never won anything in my life that I didn't work , just not in the cards with my luck. Not complaining just stating a fact. But I still donate money for local drawings to raise funds for volunteer fire dept., schools, people with medical issues, churches, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom