Anyone playing the lottery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad one cannot be an anonymous jackpot winner in OK.
I seem to recall reading that there's a way one could sort of remain anonymous in OK.
I believe the lottery winner could create a trust and then have the ticket redeemed in the name of the trust as the winner.
I want to say (could be wrong) that the OK Education Lottery Commission still wants to know the identity of the trustee(s), to make sure they don't owe any back taxes or child support as those get withheld first.
I remember several years ago there was a little bitty article in the OKC paper that sounded like a press release from the lottery commission that somebody had won $1 million.
The story told where the ticket was sold and the date.
The article said the $1 million winning ticket was redeemed like 3 months later at the lottery commission by the "CVBDFRTE%redffhfrtrfdghyiLKJG Trust" or some such.
It literally looked like somebody used a random password generator to come up with the name of the trust.
And I thought that was a good idea.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never spent a dime on the Oklahoma Lottery. Learned along time ago my chances of winning anything is zero. Never won anything in my life that I didn't work , just not in the cards with my luck. Not complaining just stating a fact. But I still donate money for local drawings to raise funds for volunteer fire dept., schools, people with medical issues, churches, etc.
The Only thing I ever won in my 85 years was a Buck Owens guitar (Red, White and Blue) at a Rodeo in the Pendleton, Oregon Rodeo when my oldest daughter was eight.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IANAL but from what I've read a ticket can be claimed anonymously via a trust, but the beneficiaries have to be disclosed to the Lottery Commission. Do you have better info on that?

No, but the lottery commission only wants the info for child support and taxes, I think. It’s something like that.

I don’t know all the details cause I’m not a lawyer either, but I think the trust executor or trustee can be made public, so you have to get a lawyer involved to be in charge of the trust. I only know one lawyer I’d trust with a billion $’s and I wouldn’t trust him that far.

I know if the recipient wants to stay unknown to the general public badly enough, there is a way it can be done, but again, I don’t know all the details. I’ve read about it several times in news articles & such, and it could be done. I also believe there have been some attempts to have OK join the handful of states that allow winners to stay anonymous, but so far no joy.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True but the wife thinks I am nuts for wanting to build a castle. I just think it would be fun to freak people out and I think it could be built very "green" plus we could host Haunted Halloween Castle and Santa's Castle for handicapped kids and church groups.
Shoot, if I won the mega millions I’d build a house that was like a small mountain. It’ll be all concrete and tornado proof. And then probably covered in dirt and grass. Like a big hobbit house. And it be on a few miles of land away from everybody.

Latest posts

Top Bottom