Anyone playing the lottery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Nice but I prefer Newman’s Castle in Texas.

Castle.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot, if I won the mega millions I’d build a house that was like a small mountain. It’ll be all concrete and tornado proof. And then probably covered in dirt and grass. Like a big hobbit house. And it be on a few miles of land away from everybody.

I don't think that Bishop's Castle will meet Seadog's criteria. I doubt that it is tornado proof.

(Been there....seen that.)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot, if I won the mega millions I’d build a house that was like a small mountain. It’ll be all concrete and tornado proof. And then probably covered in dirt and grass. Like a big hobbit house. And it be on a few miles of land away from everybody.
Like this?

View attachment 290976View attachment 290977
I don't think that Bishop's Castle will meet Seadog's criteria. I doubt that it is tornado proof.

(Been there....seen that.)
We crawled all over that thing.
I’m not a structural engineer and don’t play one on the internet but I know enough about it that I was very concerned about the structural integrity of that building and the age of the mortar holding those rocks together.
It won’t be long and someone is going to get hurt.
It was built by the Bishops with the state of Colorado trying to take it from him. Family members were arrested but eventually won in court.
I got this pic which is only a small part of their struggles over the years.

76FF47E9-4D6A-458B-BB02-ADBB4C2CA92A.jpeg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s probably what RickN wants. Mine would probably be more industrial bunker like. Part underground part above. Probably more like the munitions bunkers up top. Just with some thick windows to let some light in.
No I want something built similar to Newman’s Castle in Texas, but rectangular in shape with "towers" at each corner and an outer curtain wall housing the garage, work shops, indoor range, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom