Anyone really Like the Smith and wesson 500 mag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone really shoot these much?

• Yeah or Nae

Votes: 3 75.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasnt what I meant to say at all.
Maybe not but it sure sounds like you're assuming that the LEO's and prosecutors would be on your side and that is a very very very bad idea. Anything larger than a 45ACP is literally just giving them something to be used against your if they want it.

Sure "technically correct" might be the best kind of correct in some situations, but methinks that this would not be one of those situations.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, wasnt assuming that at all. I was implying IMO, it would be a petty offense on both LE's and the courts if they pursued it. Are there folks out there with nothing better to do??? No doubt there are but still wouldnt be any less petty if they did. As former LE, I know we wouldnt.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, wasnt assuming that at all. I was implying IMO, it would be a petty offense on both LE's and the courts if they pursued it. Are there folks out there with nothing better to do??? No doubt there are but still wouldnt be any less petty if they did. As former LE, I know we wouldnt.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Also in fantasy land no one has ever been "randomly pulled over" for something petty like "1 over the limit" or "I thought I saw you swerve a little bit". Just like no one has ever been arrested for resisting arrest. Surely no one has ever been arrested for flipping the bird. Jaywalking. I could come up with a whole list of examples of cases where all the pettiest crap got people arrested or detained. If you want to trust that system you go for it.

You might know YOU wouldn't. You might even know your friends wouldn't. But that doesn't mean everyone is like you.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not wanting to turn this into a cop bashing thread but no doubt the abuses by LE have always existed and still do today. Youtube is full of videos of it. And that's when they know it's recorded. Imagine the outcome if no cameras were around... It makes it rough for the good cops that do try and do the right thing. Makes me glad I'm retired and thankful for the ones that honor their oath.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not wanting to turn this into a cop bashing thread but no doubt the abuses by LE have always existed and still do today. Youtube is full of videos of it. And that's when they know it's recorded. Imagine the outcome if no cameras were around... It makes it rough for the good cops that do try and do the right thing. Makes me glad I'm retired and thankful for the ones that honor their oath.
I can get behind that sentiment. But until the ranks are a lot cleaner then I will err on the side of covering my butt. There are definitely good ones out there too.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldnt expect LEO to end up in a scenario where they would question your caliber of choice outside of gathering evidence in a lawful or unlawful shooting. The prosecutor is the one that could really make your life difficult based on any technicalities available to them and depending on their disposition on the day they send the intern down to file charges.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
44 mags always been enough for me, I typically liked shooting 44 specials more than the mags for fun.

If I were to get anything bigger I’d want something like the 454 casull that can shoot the .45 colt. JMO

T
I agree with you there. A few years ago, I bought a stainless 4in. Taurus 44 Tracker that I found in the used section at H&H for $289. I couldn’t get my wallet out fast enough to buy that thing. I also bought a couple boxes of .44 Sp. and a couple boxes of .44 mag target rounds to take to the range. For those of you not familiar with the 44 Tracker, it weighs about 34oz, about 5oz less than a government model 1911. At the range, I made it through a cylinder of 44 mag. rounds before I decided that I had my fill of shooting those for the rest of the day. My brother was with me and he gave it a try with a full cylinder of 44 mag. When he was done, he felt the same way too. The gun is really more suited for .44 Sp. Yeah, it can shoot .44 mag. But you can also pull a cattle trailer with a V6 too. It just won’t do it very well and don’t expect it to hold up to continuous use.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, Youtube is full of recordings showing LEO's breaking the law and causing mayhem, but in the same vein you will find very few videos of a cop doing their job in an ethical and above reproach manner, because 'good' behavior does not get as many thumbs-up or provide the same degree of monetary compensation as 'bad' behavior does.

I would strongly suspect that for every cops wrongful behavior worthy of Headline News, there will be 1,000's of other stories portraying a cops exemplary behavior, but just not exiting enough to lure the rabid masses.