Anyone regularly drag race?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky Findley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
DCF92DA5-042B-403E-A76E-6F540D58577D.jpeg

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been in years, used to spend many a weekend at Thunder Valley watching my best friend's dad throw 9 second 1/4 miles. We even had a game we'd play, he would wrap $100 bill around a roll of quarters and set it on the dash. If you could grab it after the green light and before the end it was yours....we could never win that game

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to go to Thunder Valley often but just on test and tune nights as the work of bracket racing is just not appealing to me.
I just like to go to the track with buddies and have a good time racing each other with our slow cars.
11 and 12 second rides with no power adders and old gen 1 SBC or BBC engines usually.

That car you have in the picture looks nice and quick.

Here is my 57 in race tune mode.

1635428707236.png

It's heavy and not any aerodynamic benefits going on there.

A video of me racing my buddy with a 2015 Supercharged Mustang he put down 550 to the wheels with more boost and other mods.
He ran a 6 speed and 373's.
My timing retarded on me during the burnout to 28 total I was normally running 38 total so my top end pull was way off the mark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom