Anyone remember old Tulsa restaurant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clk1019

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's been a while, but does anyone remember the restaurant in Tulsa called "Ma Bells"?
was having a discussion here and I seem to remember that before it became "Ma Bells" it was named "Across the street" or something like that. I'm trying to remember the previous name.
location was just east of sheridan on the south side of admiral I think... been a while since I've been in the area, might have the location completely wrong.

ck

clk1019

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok I don't remember that one, this means I'm confused and may have been confused for quite a few years...
This, JB, is not a suprise to me, I am normally confused...

if you're going south on Sheridan ( I think is there a denny's there just across the highway?) you get to the intersection of admiral and turn east... down about a block on the south side of admiral there was a restaurant there that I remember from when I was a kid. I thought it was Ma Bells. I may have gotten them all confused, I was young when they closed.

I definately remember Ma Bells itself, ordering with the telephones etc...

The restaurant I'm talking about was named something weird, before "I thought" it changed to Ma Bells...

ck

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct. I don't recall the unusual name that restaurant had before it became Ma Bells's, but the location is right by what used to be the best Army Surplus store in the city. Bought more than a few guns there! The Outlaw Mower store around the corner on 2nd & Sheridan used to be my dad's Texaco. The gyro restaurant on the corner was the original Bill & Ruth's sub shop in Tulsa. Good times, good memories.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I remember eating at one several decades back. Wasn't there one over close to St. Francis, might have been on Yale? I remember ordering on the telephone.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was "Across the street" then "Ma bells" now its a steak and bbq place.
I think Ats and Mb's were the same. just a name change. they had several around town.
Did you ever eat at the "Library" on 51st east of harvard? If I remember right it was the same concept with the telephones for ordering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom