Anyone remember old Tulsa restaurant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about the Golden Drumstick at 11th and Yale. Remember the lava lamp?
Another fav was the Pagoda at 51st and Peoria for chinese or the Ming Palace at 21st and Yale.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you remember The Stables in Tulsa?

Right next door to Saigon Sally's.

I liked Saigon Sally's when we shot pool league there against them. The booze was cheap and the strippers hanging out in front of the stables were fun to look at.

Now as to Cottons, in the early 90's I lived in a rental in the neighborhood behind Vegas Club. Loved that 2.99 breakfast special. Food was good there.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I really wish I had known about the OKC location before it closed. I was only familiar with the Tulsa location and it closed well before the OKC location..

Speaking of Casa Bonita, I was watching an episode of Trip Flip on the travel channel and last week, they were in Denver Colorado and the host took them to a Casa Bonita. When they walked inside it was exactly like it was when they first opened here. They even had the guy diving into the water in the Waterfall room. I could actually taste the sopapilla the lady was eating... Lol

My daughter went there last week during her senior trip. She said it was identical and all the food was gross except the sopapillas!

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone remember the restaurant (I think one Yale between 31-41st) that had two doors? One was tiny for kids and the other one normal size. My mind keeps saying Apple____something??

Ring bells to anyone?

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody remember any of these?

Kip's Big Boy at 35th & Memorial, Der Wenersnichzel on Sheridan near 15th., Zieder Zee,(seafood) at 27th.& Skelly Drive.
Ortle's,(sp) department store at 27th.& Memorial (currently the Clear Channel Building). TPD UDE was in the strip mall building on the N. side and the "haunted mansion",(Mahoo, scream in the dark) was across Memorial on the W. side.
Sipes Grocery at 27th. and Harvard, The Continental Theater on Skelly Drive near 31st.

You my friend are a true Tulsan! My mom worked at Kips, my wife worked at Der Weinerschnitzel, loved Oertle's and still have great memories of Scream in the Dark!

Speaking of ordering by phone, and also speaking of Southroads and Southland, who remembers Big Mike's hamburgers at Southland? They had delicious char-grilled burgers and you ordered from a phone at the table. They were also at the Tulsa State Fair for many years even after closing their permanent location. Maybe they had other locations in other cities.
BTW I can remember almost every place mentioned in this thread. I love Tulsa and Tulsa history.

Didn't that become Diamond Jim's?

Oh yeah, Oertles was THE go to place for guns and ammo back in the day. Along with Looboyles.

Yup, that and Otasco were the go to places. I think the sporting goods were downstairs?

Roscopcoletrane, welcome to the forum. undiablo, yeah I remember those places, put lots of food down at Franks's , Shotgun Sam's and Casa Bonita back in the day. Did some gun trading at Looboyle's. I've never lived in Tulsa, but been there many times since the 60s. Remember going to Honest Johns to buy some concert tickets?

Honest John's, Rubicon Head Shop, Oz? That was back when KMOD was a true album rock station. What about Parkey's skating rink?

My parents actually met while they both worked at the Admiral Twin. Used to play on that playground all day while they were working.

Wow, great thread, thanks for the memories!

Latest posts

Top Bottom