Anyone remember Spivey Knives??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All....

I remember ...I think....back in the late 1980's or early 1990's at Fred Baker Firearms the Spivey Sabertooth Knife. I believe Mr. Spivey lived/lives in Guthrie??

Anyone buy one of these? Pro & Con on this style of knife? I remember he wrote a book about riding a horse across the USA and cutting his hand/finger, which is how he came up with this design.

file.jpg

762d38_a89add49cfdf79008c5338af264fcd3a.webp

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one is mine. Talked to Jefferson a few months ago at his house and hand picked the awesome wood handle from his entire stock to replace the synthetic handle mine came with. Talked about a common friend who gifted me the knife years ago. I have his autographed book too - a nice read. Impressive knife and great guy. VERY sharp, holds edge well but a big knife.
Spivey.jpg

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one is mine. Talked to Jefferson a few months ago at his house and hand picked the awesome wood handle from his entire stock to replace the synthetic handle mine came with. Talked about a common friend who gifted me the knife years ago. I have his autographed book too - a nice read. Impressive knife and great guy. VERY sharp, holds edge well but a big knife. View attachment 142313
Does he still live in a trailer house near guthrie?

heavysmoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember seeing one on a table at wannemacher several years back. I wanted one of these as a kid, but I had already spent too much money at the show and the other half was with me so I didnt end up with it.

BlueGadus

New to the site!
Reaction score
I registered just to comment here, not sure if anyone will see it. I recently moved into an off grid cabin here in Washington state, and guess what I found? Sabertooth #082. A previous tenant had left a few knives and tools around the covered work area. Not sure what to do with it yet, but thought someone here might find that interesting.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I registered just to comment here, not sure if anyone will see it. I recently moved into an off grid cabin here in Washington state, and guess what I found? Sabertooth #082. A previous tenant had left a few knives and tools around the covered work area. Not sure what to do with it yet, but thought someone here might find that interesting.
Glad you found us BlueGadus. Post some pics if you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom