Anyone remember the Magic Brain Calculator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else remember these - they came out about 1955 and cost about $1. I had one but didn’t put it to too much use IIRC.

https://www.google.com/search?q=magic+brain+calculator&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

upload_2020-4-6_18-3-6.jpeg

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember my first Texas Instrument electronic calculator - an SR-10. It cost about $100, got it at Sears, had the four basic functions, sqrt, 1/x, etc. - about the same as what you give $1.99 for at the Dollar Store today.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sure do. Used to have one. My first electronic calculator was an 8 digit Bomar purchased for a little under $100 at Service Merchandise. I also used to use a slide rule with a leather belt case. I was a nerd before it was cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember my first Texas Instrument electronic calculator - an SR-10. It cost about $100, got it at Sears, had the four basic functions, sqrt, 1/x, etc. - about the same as what you give $1.99 for at the Dollar Store today.

I had to have a T.I. for a physics class in college long ago that costed me about $100 too. I never even figured out how to really use it.

Sure do. Used to have one. My first electronic calculator was an 8 digit Bomar purchased for a little under $100 at Service Merchandise. I also used to use a slide rule with a leather belt case. I was a nerd before it was cool.

Did you have a plastic pocket protector full of ink pens to go with it, to complete the look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember having to learn math for math class... :D
:drunk2:

I remember not learning very much math in math class...

Latest posts

Top Bottom