Anyone riding the Silver/Gold train?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several Englehard silver 10 oz bars, I bought most at around $200 per loaf and now they are over $300 and up to $400 but as far as buying gold there is no real money in gold bullion such as the $50 gold Buffalos sold by the US mint. They pay gold value and nothing more, yes-a little profit but not much. The real money in gold is old gold coins in my opinion.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
from what I understand if you purchase a large enough amount you can go and physically pick it up. That’s just what I’ve been told secondhand in the past
You have to have an appointment to sell and they have guards nearby watching. There is no storefront, just the APMEX webpage. It's downtown OKC and very secure. Send them a box of gold and they have several people that review it, catalog and document what's in the box and they'll either send you a check for the value or do a bank deposit which is quicker. One you tell them what you have, they'll quote you a price based on that day's gold value. If gold goes up you lose since you're locked in-but if it goes down you're ahead. Kind of like buying a house and you lock in a finance rate and if it goes up you've got less interest to pay on your note.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got silver and am in it at $12-15. I’ve a couple gold krugerrands. I’ve been hearing silver is going to shoot up in price for almost a year, but it ain’t happened yet...:anyone:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had Silver for a decade, worst investment I have made so far...

1; You bought in at it's PEAK.
2; Silver/Gold(PM's) is not an investment.

BB0654D0-C674-4DE2-A0A3-4C2E087147B1.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish. I thi9nk we still have a few silver half in the deposit box but I am not sure.

We are cleaning up MIL home for an estate sale. Taking home over 200 lbs of coins to sort into pre-65 silver. Silver dollars down to nickels.
There was even a 10 lb or so jar of Indian head pennys, mostly in great shape. Lots of proof sets.
Where is a coin collector shop that can give an honest evaluation?
We have been on the internet for hours at a time trying to get a value on some, but lots of the information is outdated.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are cleaning up MIL home for an estate sale. Taking home over 200 lbs of coins to sort into pre-65 silver. Silver dollars down to nickels.
There was even a 10 lb or so jar of Indian head pennys, mostly in great shape. Lots of proof sets.
Where is a coin collector shop that can give an honest evaluation?
We have been on the internet for hours at a time trying to get a value on some, but lots of the information is outdated.

I would make a record of everything you have including photos, then have 2 or 3 different shops give you an appraisal. It is a pain in the rear but you just might have something worth a lot of money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom