Anyone riding the Silver/Gold train?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to many who can't count change back. Can't multiply the price per gallon of gas x 10 without a calculator to charge for 10 gallons of gas.
I recently got my RX at a local drug store.The price was $35.09. I gave the young lady $40.10 and she looked confused.She had her boss come help her and she used her phone calculator to figure the difference.I told the boss if they can't do first grade math without a calculator they really shouldn't be handing out prescriptions.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are cleaning up MIL home for an estate sale. Taking home over 200 lbs of coins to sort into pre-65 silver. Silver dollars down to nickels.
There was even a 10 lb or so jar of Indian head pennys, mostly in great shape. Lots of proof sets.
Where is a coin collector shop that can give an honest evaluation?
We have been on the internet for hours at a time trying to get a value on some, but lots of the information is outdated.

The challenge, just as you have found, is it takes cubic hours to go through all of it. Most of the silver the melt value exceeds the numismatic value unless they are in uncirculated condition. The pennies can have some rare dates, but most aren't worth that much either. The best thing is to do as you are doing, separate them by denomination, and then group those.

My sister wanted Dad's collection for her Grand Sons, I basically valued the silver at melt prices. He had a complete Indian Head penny collection including a couple of really rare dates. I valued those at the low end of the scale for the value in the condition. Dad had about 20-30lbs of coins, took me a couple of days to do it...

Forgot to mention, you can search EBAY's sold auctions to see what things are actually selling for.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have been on the internet for hours at a time trying to get a value on some, but lots of the information is outdated.

I have both bought and sold with Don's Coins in Tulsa. He is a straight shooter. If I had a need, he would be the first place I would go.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are cleaning up MIL home for an estate sale. Taking home over 200 lbs of coins to sort into pre-65 silver. Silver dollars down to nickels.
There was even a 10 lb or so jar of Indian head pennys, mostly in great shape. Lots of proof sets.
Casey at Edmond Coins. Good guy and a gun collector. He'll trade metal for metal if ur so inclined.

For those who want to diversify their stacking,
OneGold https://www.onegold.com is awesome. App allows 24/7/365, Gold, Silver, Platinum. Vaults all over the world. Apmex and Sprott Inc (world's largest mining investment co) went together and developed. Metal is actually stored in their vault here in OKC, the old Fed Reserve building. 100% backed. Earlier this year they closed the silver US vault because they ran out of silver. I keep my company backup funds invested there. Transfers easy with bank account link.

You should start seeing some billboards about silversqueeze. The reddit sub WSS crowd funded billboards. I think OKC has 10 boards going up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both bought and sold with Don's Coins in Tulsa. He is a straight shooter. If I had a need, he would be the first place I would go.

We will be back in the Tulsa area in a week or so.
After sorting, I’ll be sure to stop in there.
FIL had some feelings that the Sacajawea and Susan B Anthony coins would be valuable some day. There are many rolls of uncirculated coins of each.
Evidently he thought $2 bills would be collectors items as well, leaving many. They are only worth $2 according to the net unless they have the red seals on them vs the green. Those deserve investigation according to what we have read.
Going to be an interesting search for sure.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several Englehard silver 10 oz bars, I bought most at around $200 per loaf and now they are over $300 and up to $400 but as far as buying gold there is no real money in gold bullion such as the $50 gold Buffalos sold by the US mint. They pay gold value and nothing more, yes-a little profit but not much. The real money in gold is old gold coins in my opinion.

18CFA1E6-5233-4471-8699-ACB477366065.jpeg

Doesn’t need to be old in my opinion...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Casey at Edmond Coins. Good guy and a gun collector. He'll trade metal for metal if ur so inclined.

For those who want to diversify their stacking,
OneGold https://www.onegold.com is awesome. App allows 24/7/365, Gold, Silver, Platinum. Vaults all over the world. Apmex and Sprott Inc (world's largest mining investment co) went together and developed. Metal is actually stored in their vault here in OKC, the old Fed Reserve building. 100% backed. Earlier this year they closed the silver US vault because they ran out of silver. I keep my company backup funds invested there. Transfers easy with bank account link.

You should start seeing some billboards about silversqueeze. The reddit sub WSS crowd funded billboards. I think OKC has 10 boards going up.
+1 for Casey. My wife’s step dad left bags of foreign coins. I took the to Casey and he quickly pointed out the ones that had value. Saved me a ton of time. I repaid him by buying some silver from him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom