Anyone Switch From Cox to ATT Internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cox pissed me off again. Second time I was lied directly to my face from one of their in store employees. They recently started offering ATT in my area and wondering if it is as good as cox? We use internet a lot at my house...don't have cable so kids stream hulu and Netflix constantly and my wife and I are both at home most of the time so our phones are constantly connected to wifi as well.

I would love to take my business away from cox but if ATT is slow its a no go.

I would like to here from some locals who have done it so reaching out to the community...anyone?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom works for an internet/cable provider and was asked to test ATT when it went to her area a few years ago . She said it was always having issues and was glad her employer was paying for it, instead of her and Dad lol .

I have Cox and work from home . It's hard to beat their reliability and speed. I rarely have issues, but they are kind of expensive . We have internet, cable, and alarm with them

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father switched here in Tulsa (so not local to you). Uverse fiber, and every bit as fast and usable as Cox (if not more; his streaming services buffer far less but I've not ran an actual speed text). The customer service has been hit or miss with them, but the product has been great so far.

I'm fed up with Cox myself, but with only the DSL available on my block (though Fiber on like every other street in my neighborhood), I have not switched. Yet. The Cox internet product is okay, but their pricing and service has been getting worse every year.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on what AT&T services you have available at your location. Uverse was really good for me for a long time. But they eventually ran into issues because I was a long way from their switch and they weren't interested in upgrading their network in my area. If you have a short run it's a good service. I went to Cox and have far fewer issues. As in none so far. I think I've rebooted my modem twice in 3 years. With AT&T it was almost every day...

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son likes AT&T better than Cox so when they started running their lines out by me he wanted me to switch over. When they got to the north side of the main road they stopped. I live on the south of of that road. Reminds me of that sandwich shop commercial. Ha ha

snafu21

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fine depending on how far you live from the node. The closer you are the more dependable and faster it'll be, the farther away the slower.

When I lived close I got 60M all day long but like now I live far away and only get 1.5m so only use cell data.

Call and they can tell you what is available at your address.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I switched to ATT Fiber and U-Verse a little over a month ago. Another rate hike from Cox, another round of calls trying to get the rate back in line, and basically the last guy told me "to bad so sad", if I wanted a better rate I needed to give something up, then when I would give something up the rate would go up because it broke the "bundle". As a 20 year Customer this hit me wrong, I'm done with Cox, they are dead as far as I am concerned.

That was on Thursday, I went on to ATT's site and configured what we have, they gave me a clear 2 year view on what they would do to the pricing, I'm saving over $2600 for 2 years...

It was installed on the following Monday, internet has been just fine, from their router I get almost 1Gb up and down. Don't get near that from my router, but it is still better than Cox. TV is taking some getting used to, but it works, and for a $2600 savings I am ok with it.

I had to make a call to ATT about some equipment I initially thought I would need, but didn't use, that was a freaking nightmare, they couldn't understand what I was talking about, and then I got to the smart guy. He was convinced that the cost(2x$49 for wireless TV connectors) was an activation cost, so I had to walk him through the web site to see what it was, and that it wasn't an activation charge. Finally conceded, I asked him to note the conversation in the account as I was pretty certain I was going to have to call again. Sure enough the charge is on the first bill, called again, and they pulled it off.

I think the key is to call them during prime time, the first call was off prime and sounded potentially off shore.

But again, relative to the $2600 savings, I am still OK with all of it.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother and my neighbor both switched to ATT, then back to Cox. They said it was worse than Cox. My guess is they all suck once the honeymoon is over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom