Anyone Switch From Cox to ATT Internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looked into switching, but AT&T can only offer 1.5mbs for my location. That is abysmally slow for 2019 in/near a major metropolitan area.

Our biggest rate reduction will be when the kids leave home LOL. I'll go down to one TV and just use Netflix and Amazon lol.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have Uverse (Not sure of the speed) but we can have 4-5 devices on the interwebs at the same time without issue. I got rid of satellite tv about a month ago so we stream everything but local channels and it has been great! (also $100 a month cheaper)

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to set calendar reminders to call and cancel 15 days prior to end of your contract. I had Dish one time free for 7 month from all the credits I got from screwing with the guy for 30 minutes.

When I moved back to Tulsa 2.5 years ago I got Cox 25mb for 40 a month for a year. Then price went up to 60 called and told them ATT had 50MB for $40 they wouldn't do anything. So I canceled and got ATT. Then Cox sends me a mailer a couple weeks later come back for same price. To late now suckers I had to deal with the hassle of switching. Got alert that ATT was up after a year. Called them told them I was leaving due to price hike and not happy. They kept price the same for another year and doubled speed this September I will call them again and threaten to leave again. Years ago Cox was more flexible. Also I have called Cox 3 different times till I got a salesperson that would make me a deal on new service. You can negotiation any of this if you are willing to deal with the hassle.

If you have more than one option you should be able to get a deal. If its a small area with a monopoly rural cable you may be screwed. As for new vs existing customers. I can tell you its always cheaper to keep a customer than it is to find new ones. In this type of service business there aren't new customers there are only ones you stole from someone else.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been with Cox forever and dumped everything but internet. The main thing that keeps me with them for that is my cox email address. I've had that same email address with them since I switched from AOL. My entire life is tied to that email address.

Latest posts

Top Bottom