Anyone taking the kids this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really wanted to take my boy out this weekend, but our local hunting partner/mentor had to take his wife camping instead. :crying:

Oh well, looks like I am roped into a self defense class for wimmin-folks, so it won't be a total waste. We'll be able to get him out during regular rifle season, when it's witch's tit/brass bra cold. lol

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter didn't get drawn this year, so we last minute entered the youth private land Doe hunt and was picked, so we will be going to love county to see what this is about tomorrow. Anyone done this before?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My daughter didn't get drawn this year, so we last minute entered the youth private land Doe hunt and was picked, so we will be going to love county to see what this is about tomorrow. Anyone done this before?

If it's hosted by the Noble Foundation, it's a first class deal. My daughter drew a turkey tag there last spring, great hunt you won't be disappointed.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes it is noble research center
nice didn't know they did turkey. i was surprised with only a few chosen we were picked, maybe not many enter. i felt bad entering because i felt like it was for kids who haven't hunted or don't have access to hunting grounds mostly.
Not sure what to expect, do they stay with you, or just tell you where to go? figured these ranches are covered in deer and should be good chances of killing..
did you daughter kill a turkey?

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My youngest daughter drew for the Tishomingo hunt, so we will be there on Thursday and Friday, then on our lease here in Piedmont Saturday and Sunday. Got lots of bucks on cam and she's got a couple that she is hoping for.

Unfortunately, her older sister has a softball tournament this weekend, so she will miss youth weekend for the first time in 7 years. She's a little bummed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They put us up in the lodge, fed us, provided a guide. Not sure exactly how the deer hunt is run though. She rolled a bird first thing that morning but ran off, and we were constantly in birds the rest of the day but couldn't make it work. They were always hanging up, or coming in from behind us, twice we had a group of long beards come in and they wouldn't separate and were so close to each other she would have shot more than one if she pulled the trigger. Great hunt hunt and we had a great time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom