Anyone Try German Birerocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very German here. We make them 5-6 times a year. One suggestion I will make that isn’t in the original bierock recipe is to mix ur meat 50/50 with beef and breakfast sausage. Also forget all the fancy stuff, bierocks are served very best with yellow mustard and or the Valentina hot sauce

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking up "r-u-n-z-a" recipes, some make the dough from scratch, some use store bought crescent rolls.
But one recipe calls for
1 (3 pound) package frozen white bread dough
I've never seen frozen bread dough in the grocery store, is it any good?

And I agree with the suggestion above, using half ground beef and half ground sausage sounds good.
Adding chopped onion and garlic as well as cabbage would be good too.

%$^&*)(&%#$# spell check kept wanting to help me with the r-u-n-z-a (wanted to use "runs" instead).

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife always uses the Grands biscuits for the dough ... the whole wheat ones if she can get them. They're better with sausage, but we normally always have some burger on hand. May have to try the half & half. And, don't forget the pepper ... lots of pepper!

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rhodes makes the frozen bread dough too. In all honesty it tastes the same as the rolls, but the rolls are easier for this. Just lay them out, let them rise, squash them as you fill them with the meat/cabbage and onion mix and fold the rolls up

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Very German here. We make them 5-6 times a year. One suggestion I will make that isn’t in the original bierock recipe is to mix ur meat 50/50 with beef and breakfast sausage. Also forget all the fancy stuff, bierocks are served very best with yellow mustard and or the Valentina hot sauce
one of my favorite greasy spoons cut all their burgers with 50/50 ground beef/breakfast sausage. holy crap it was amazing.

ya'll been holding out with this one; this is new to me. but i'm down for any kind of meat pie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom