Anyone use a Star lubricator/sizer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been thinking of upgrading to a Star lubricator/sizer, but according the the Lead Bullet Technology website the Star doesn't do well with plain based bullets (as opposed to gas check and bevel base bullets). Anyone know why this would be the case?

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been thinking of upgrading to a Star lubricator/sizer, but according the the Lead Bullet Technology website the Star doesn't do well with plain based bullets (as opposed to gas check and bevel base bullets). Anyone know why this would be the case?

I have used a Star for almost 50 years, most all of the use with plain base bullets. I have not expereinced any problems. It's a wonderful machine and a lifetime investment. I have dies in .224, .257, .311, .316, .321, .351, .357, .367, .378, .403, .406, .406, .408, .429, .452 & .458.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have and use an older Star and it works perfectly with plain base bullets, thats all I shoot. IF you pick up a used one there are instruction manuals on the net that you can download, makes getting it set up right a lot easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom