Anyone use a Vortex Strikefire II?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Considering getting one for one of my AR’s. Good price on them on Palmetto right now. I have a Primary Arms Micro Red Dot on one AR now but always been interested in the Vortex. Anyone have one? Do you like it?

I’m open to other recommendations too.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one and I liked it, the only problem was it wasn't that comparable with night vision. It was ok, but it couldn't be dimmed enough for precise shooting past about 30 yards. It also wasn't terribly bright in bright shine......but when I replaced the battery, it was much better.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loved mine, bigger FOV than micro reddots. A few ounces heavier than a micro dot though. If you have the coin to spair (ha, I know who does?) I would go with the Aimpoint PRO, otherwise sub 200$ you can't go wrong.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like mine, but if I had to do over again, I’d get the 2 or 2.5x Primary Arms ACSS prism sight. Hold overs and if it goes dead on battery, you’ve still got aiming points. Plus I’m really digging the ACSS sighting system.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer micros to 30mm tube sights. They offer the best field of vision. RD sights are both eyes open sights for close in ranges and the less protrusions the better ie controls and windage dials.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 on one of my ARs. I like it so well I actually picked up another one but haven't bought another rifle to put it on so I've thought about listing it in the classifieds. I think Vortex makes great products and wouldn't have any qualms about purchasing a Strikefire II if that's the style you want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom