Anyone who is an attorney or knows one that will take a TCPA case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a plague on the industry. Finally the FCC finally told carries middle of last year they could start trying to stop it. Its easier with Volte and newer technology. These dudes are slick though they will spoof a number on your network so it looks like legit calls. The FCC was a major problem though for a long time. There was almost 60 billion robo calls last year in usa it started breaking 5 billion a month midway through the year. As for getting money never gonna happen these folks are 95% in foreign countries. Sad thing is they are getting money from people or they wouldn't do it. Just don't answer it. If they don't leave a message don't worry about it.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a cheap MagicJack line, mainly for 911, with no answering machine and a turned down ringer. It's almost humorous to watch it ring and ring and ring. If someone needs to talk to me, they call or text my company cell. Very, very few nuisance calls.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The outgoing message on my land line answering machine is specifically set up to trigger the machines to think a person has answered. I just delete the messages if they bother to leave one. My favorites are the ones that are caught in mid-sentence, then end with a profanity as they realize they're talking to a machine.

Personally, I hate talking on the phone. It bugs some people, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest to let the phone ring. One of the great things about my current job is that there's no phone on my desk, so I never have to answer it. On my cell, if I don't recognize the number, I don't answer it, and most of the time, the resulting voicemail gets deleted unheard, thanks to the transcriptions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The outgoing message on my land line answering machine is specifically set up to trigger the machines to think a person has answered. I just delete the messages if they bother to leave one. My favorites are the ones that are caught in mid-sentence, then end with a profanity as they realize they're talking to a machine.
Lol, like minds......
Back when we had a landline, the answering machine would answer Hello!, then a pregnant pause and another Hello!, the message that followed was "since you don't want to talk to me, please leave a message, and then the beep.
I got cursed many times because the telemarketer would start talking after the first recorded hello, then get interrupted by the second hello, and the message. When they realized they had been taken, the profanity would start. I loved listening to my messages!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congress can pass all the laws they want and only the citizens in this country. have to adhere to them. These in Nigeria, Russia, etc pay no attention because the laws levied on us do not apply to them. It's business as usual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom