AOW question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading around on the net and saw where a SBS with pistol grip being made classified as an AOW. Is this true or were they mistaken? How would that work in the classification?

hkmp5cop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has to have been made from virgin receiver that has never had a shoulder stock on it.
If it has ever had a shoulder stock it must be registered as SBS.
AOW are same paperwork but only $5.00 tax stamp and the same wait time as any class three weapon.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has to have been made from virgin receiver that has never had a shoulder stock on it.
If it has ever had a shoulder stock it must be registered as SBS.
AOW are same paperwork but only $5.00 tax stamp and the same wait time as any class three weapon.

Just to clarify. AOW's TRANSFER on a Form 4 for $5.00, but they would still cost $200.00 to MAKE one on a Form 1.

hkmp5cop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is a virgin receiver and you are making an AOW on a form 1, I think it is still a $5 transfer stamp. But I would call BATF techs to make sure. Sorry for the delayed response.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is a virgin receiver and you are making an AOW on a form 1, I think it is still a $5 transfer stamp. But I would call BATF techs to make sure. Sorry for the delayed response.

No, it is NOT $5.00 to make an AOW on a Form 1. An already existing AOW will transfer on a Form 4 for $5.00, but to make one on a Form 1 is $200.00.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AND, if it is to be an AOW, it can never have a buttstock installed. Then it becomes an (SBS) Short Barreled Shotgun which requires the $200.00 stamp for making AND/OR transfer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom