Apache Rattlesnake Festival 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned anout venomous snake safety from Bob Jenny at boy scout camp, actually saw him get bit on the hand by a baby diamondback while doing a demonstration at Okeene.
I have safely handled many rattlesnakes and copperheads, I dont mess with stanky cottonmouths ever, but always tell myself, do it enough and up the odds that you will get bit. Good friend of mine got a small 1/4" scratch on her thumb from a diamondback strike that almost missed her, her swollen thumb looked like a russet potato and it cost her several thousand$ in medical bills.
I wish I had a picture of the last Arkansas timber rattler I caught, it was huge, 7' long, body diameter as big as a Harley tire, head as big as a big mac hamburger with almost 1 1/2" long fangs. Beautiful marking hide freshly molted and 14 rattles. I made tacos out of the meat and sold the tanned hide to an old HA for $100.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have recipes, snake meat in shrimp boil, tacos, ground snake made into breakfast sausage patties, Jamaican jerk seasoned and slow cooked in smoker.

My recipe is to leave them where they lie after I kill them.

What was it that Josey Wales said???

...something like "buzzards gotta eat too?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom