APATHY -- It is what got us to where we are today, politically and socially.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read someplace years ago, I think it was actually in my college Government II class the one letter or phone call that is received by an elected official is considered to be multiplied by a factor of around 100 or 1,000. Like I said it's been awhile.

I don't suppose due to the availability of the instant communication forms now that is even a consideration anymore?

If so, this is precisely why everyone who disagrees with their governmental representative, (boy do I say that loosely) must get on their communication device and communicate.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with the idea of letting them hear from us. Do it respectfully and they listen.

I have known Senator Tom Coburn since high school. While I didn't always agree with some of his points, we did have some really good conversations. He said that they do pay attention to the communications their offices receive, after weeding out the crazies, and such, but well written, respectful correspondence does make a difference.

But, apathy certainly is alive and well. Look at the low voter turnout and compare that to the number of folks complaining about everything that results from those votes. We just had the vote on MAPS 4. With all the rants leading up to the vote, you would have thought we would see a large count, not the 7% that actually took the time to vote.

Yes, APATHY is our true enemy.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um, no for several reasons. One, I wish no one to suffer. I would not wish anything on anyone, regardless if I loath or love them, that would cause them physical or emotional pain. That's bad karma that always comes back to you.

It wouldn't come back on me - I'd also be in the thick of it.

Your comments about the depression leading to the rise of the DNC has a lot of merit, but we've become a country of soft, directionless people. The whole "hard men lead to good times" saying comes to mind. We've become soft men, which leads to hard times. We NEED those hard times to reset the natural order. No more women trying to be men, no more whites being ashamed of themselves and advocating for their own replacement, no more idiots pretending to be the opposite sex, etc. As for it bolstering the Democrat voting rolls because of increased government programs, I don't think so. I understand that and it makes sense, but then there are too many now, and printing the amount of money out of thin air as it would take to float all of the sloths would likely cause such an economic upheaval that the government could never recover. And the .gov knows that. We would be similar to Weimar Germany, where there was plenty of money, but it didn't buy anything. It would also (unfortunately) lead to another world war. With the US turning in on itself, it would be the weakness other players would need to make a run at us. And since our depression would lead to a world-wide depression, and all hell breaking loose around the globe, it would behoove them to strike while the iron was hot. WWII is what pulled the country out of the last funk. God forbid we have another one of those, but look at the caliber of citizen the depression and WWII-era provided. The majority of modern American men couldn't carry the jocks of the average depression-era 12 year old. Hell, the women of that time period were a much tougher stock than most of our modern men. And were still able to be ladies - a unicorn in today's America.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wouldn't come back on me - I'd also be in the thick of it.

Your comments about the depression leading to the rise of the DNC has a lot of merit, but we've become a country of soft, directionless people. The whole "hard men lead to good times" saying comes to mind. We've become soft men, which leads to hard times. We NEED those hard times to reset the natural order. No more women trying to be men, no more whites being ashamed of themselves and advocating for their own replacement, no more idiots pretending to be the opposite sex, etc. As for it bolstering the Democrat voting rolls because of increased government programs, I don't think so. I understand that and it makes sense, but then there are too many now, and printing the amount of money out of thin air as it would take to float all of the sloths would likely cause such an economic upheaval that the government could never recover. And the .gov knows that. We would be similar to Weimar Germany, where there was plenty of money, but it didn't buy anything. It would also (unfortunately) lead to another world war. With the US turning in on itself, it would be the weakness other players would need to make a run at us. And since our depression would lead to a world-wide depression, and all hell breaking loose around the globe, it would behoove them to strike while the iron was hot. WWII is what pulled the country out of the last funk. God forbid we have another one of those, but look at the caliber of citizen the depression and WWII-era provided. The majority of modern American men couldn't carry the jocks of the average depression-era 12 year old. Hell, the women of that time period were a much tougher stock than most of our modern men. And were still able to be ladies - a unicorn in today's America.
Preach it brother preach it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I usually say is, "This country could do with a little hardship." Adversity can help build character, which is what this country was founded upon... now, affluence has bred apathy.
Agree.
If there is one time in my life that drove me mentally to never get there again was back in the day when first in the Army with a newborn and wife. We shared an apple, and I stole some hotdogs from the mess hall to get by for a few days so the baby could have formula until the next payday which only came once a month in those days.
We did that willingly, asking nobody for help. That experience of being hungry for several days molded my brain to never get into that situation again no matter what it took.
Hardship certainly does build character in some, but also develops dependance on help from others that don't have the willingness to help themselves through the tough times which is what Tanis was referring to.
During the depression, Tanis was exactly right. The dimocratic party as we know it today and the model of citizens it produced is the current crop of those depending on the government it produced generations later.

Now that Trump has shown the nation he can create jobs for minorities, they are suddenly realizing they can get off the welfare rolls and there are jobs out there to be had for those that want them, without having to rely on handouts that .gov provides willingly to create a welfare class.
Now there is hope where before there was no hope. Living in poverty was the only life they knew and the dimocrat party made sure it stayed that way.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree.
If there is one time in my life that drove me mentally to never get there again was back in the day when first in the Army with a newborn and wife. We shared an apple, and I stole some hotdogs from the mess hall to get by for a few days so the baby could have formula until the next payday which only came once a month in those days.
We did that willingly, asking nobody for help. That experience of being hungry for several days molded my brain to never get into that situation again no matter what it took.
Hardship certainly does build character in some, but also develops dependance on help from others that don't have the willingness to help themselves through the tough times which is what Tanis was referring to.
During the depression, Tanis was exactly right. The dimocratic party as we know it today and the model of citizens it produced is the current crop of those depending on the government it produced generations later.

Now that Trump has shown the nation he can create jobs for minorities, they are suddenly realizing they can get off the welfare rolls and there are jobs out there to be had for those that want them, without having to rely on handouts that .gov provides willingly to create a welfare class.
Now there is hope where before there was no hope. Living in poverty was the only life they knew and the dimocrat party made sure it stayed that way.

Many people have sold their votes in exchange for these handouts Dennis speaks of. They have sold themselves into political servitude. They keep the people who are handing out the cheddar in power. Trump is on the right track with job creation, business opportunities, and the like. The fewer people handing out the cheddar the better. The more people unshackling business the better. Unshackled business pays much better than welfare. Trust me. The cheddar you earn for yourself tastes much better than what government welfare can supply from the lowest bidder.

Woody

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you guys know that I can not keep my big mouth shut. :P :P :P

I am on FB and Twitter almost daily posting political info and tweeting to elected officials. Anything I can do to fight the liberal narrative. My health does not let me do a lot of things, but it will let me fight for what I believe in. Now with words because I hope it never comes down to guns. Though I am trying to push a little past what the docs say so that if things ever do get to that point, I can fight with more than words. I may be the old fat fart in a wheelchair with a shotgun, but I will be there if needed. I just wish everyone would vote so it never comes to that.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you guys know that I can not keep my big mouth shut. :P :P :P

I am on FB and Twitter almost daily posting political info and tweeting to elected officials. Anything I can do to fight the liberal narrative. My health does not let me do a lot of things, but it will let me fight for what I believe in. Now with words because I hope it never comes down to guns. Though I am trying to push a little past what the docs say so that if things ever do get to that point, I can fight with more than words. I may be the old fat fart in a wheelchair with a shotgun, but I will be there if needed. I just wish everyone would vote so it never comes to that.
I will be there to help you install your T & E mechanism on your wheelchair. Do you have an old C Ration can for the belted ammo or do I have to bring one from home?

Latest posts

Top Bottom